Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / sparkys dll help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i need help with sparkys dll i can't understand the commands thing. i want to make a collision so when i walk into a wall i stop walking so..... how would i do this

www.madninjas.co.nr we are mad and we are ninjas
pc nerd
User Banned
Posted: 11th Apr 2009 23:37 Edited at: 11th Apr 2009 23:39
look at his demos, he has a simple sliding demo and a regular sliding demo, these demos show how to use the comands.really all you need to do is replace all of his objects with yours, but keep the rest of the coad alone. then when you get the basics of it, start to tweek it yourself. practice makes perfect, you will need to learn the coad to write it. or even tweek it to your own styel.
think of it like this, a box can have simple collision set to it. just with regular dark basic pro commands, its real easy to do, now you can make this box as big as you want to cover a big area or a small one for a trigger zone, the box is what acts as your collition from making you pass through objects. well his plugins do just this, use his coad to impliment collision on all your objects and even your map. then in the loop make shure you have his collition functions placed for each thing you want collision for.

dweeb
pc nerd
User Banned
Posted: 11th Apr 2009 23:43 Edited at: 11th Apr 2009 23:45
here is a good example of how i use sparkys collision, i use functions to make my player object and level object, then in the function i declair how i want my collision to be set up, then i place thease functions in the loop of the game.

do you see the
SC_setupObject 1 , 1 ,0

this is sparkys command to set up collision for my main map

then for my player object i use
SC_setupObject 2 , 2 ,2

dweeb
mike5424
Years of Service
User Offline
ok thx

www.madninjas.co.nr we are mad and we are ninjas

Login to post a reply