Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Blender to Darkbasic problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
As a lot of other ppl i hav had some errors with blender, when exporting to .x and importing to DB.
Now the problem seems to be very strange, as it seems to be completely random!
We tried to make some test animatios, and when there's no bones, there's no problem! However, when there is, there's almost always problems, but in a very strange way.
We made an animatio of a box moving, this animation was 50 frames long. When darkbasic was to play frame number 1, it froze, i could loop frame 2-50 without problems! now... The 3D animator then said: "alright dude, let's try to see what happenes if i execute frm frame 5-50 instead, so frame 1 is not part of th animation (This makes frame 5 in blender, frame 1 in DB)
What now happened was that frame 1, 2 and 3, amde darkbasic freeze, i could again easily loop 4-45. The strange thing is, nothing is changed in the animation itself, so it seems strange that other frames are broken now, and not just other frames, but also another number of frames...
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2009 05:34
Sounds like you found a good workaround, so I guess just keep leaving out the first frame when you play the animation.

If you don't want to do that, the easiest way I think would be what I do - model in Blender, animate in CharacterFX (search Google for it, it's free), and UV with Lithunwrap. This is what I do, and I've never had any problems with it.

MedianHansen
Years of Service
User Offline
Well... it's far from always th first frame in the animation, but i'll still try th programs you suggested, thanks
Cagedrei
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2009 07:42 Edited at: 18th Apr 2009 07:43
The consensus at the Blender forum seems to be that the .x exporter is fine for static objects, but it only works for animations if you've prepared your file exactly as you're supposed to. I couldn't find instructions on how to prepare the file properly, unfortunately. So I stopped trying to export .x from Blender and looked into its other export formats and conversion programs that could handle .x and .dbo.

I found that Blender 2.48 has decent working export of animated files using collada .dae, .fbx, or .md5 formats (and not much else). These filetypes can be converted to .x using UV Unwrap or Fragmotion. Fragmotion is better, if you go that route, IMO.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 04:18:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 04:18:04