Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Screensaver Problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2009 00:58
Hello, I am currently trying to make a working screensaver with Darkbasic Pro. The problem I encounter is when i save the filename in the "Exe Filename Box" and save it as a .scr, I cannot find the .scr file where i saved it. Any suggestions?
Orion1024
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2009 01:42
Not to discourage you, but simply giving the executable a SCR extension isn't going to work. The screen saver needs to accept command line arguments for running the screen saver, previewing, options, etc. The screen saver also needs to check to make sure there isn't a previous instance already running. I made a screen saver and used Visual Basic as a 'front end' to handle options, check for previous instances, put an image into the preview window, and to launch the SCR. It involved using quite a bit of the Windows API.

Looking for the vortex to another Earth
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2009 05:21
You can use the command cl$ I think to get info from the command line. Do some searching on screensavers and see if you can implement that.

As for your original problem, do you have the project saved as a DBPRO and a DBA? Usually if you have a DBPRO you can just open it, type in an exe name, and it will appear in the same folder as the DBPRO.

TheMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2009 00:59
Thank you for your help, ive solved the problem

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 04:21:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 04:21:06