Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Theta IDE - Finally back on track

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2009 13:36 Edited at: 14th Apr 2009 13:48
Hi,

I've started work again on Theta IDE. This will now be a free application, due to the fact I want to "help out" the community. You can find all the old planned features here.

I want to keep this as a sort of development log of features I have completed on the IDE.

Right, I think I might as well get started:

Today:

Got solutions working: When compiled, a solution copies over all media/executables of projects to the bin folder of the solution. It also copies over the "Media Pool" for media shared between projects.

Got solution explorer working: This works just like in Visual Studio, however there are two modes you can have it in:

Full - this is the same as visual studio, with folders etc
Categorized - this shows the contents of a project in categories, such as Source Files/Image Files/Object Files/Unknown Files

Got the abstract file system working (not in any way copied from Leadwerks Engine ). The images below show you the process (sorry, I had to use the original editor, as this PC only has the build version of Theta IDE on it):

Before compile, in the editor:

The folder containing the image, see the address bar:

The final source, which will be compiled:

And to show it can go to any amount of depth:

Got project templates working. These work exactly the same as Visual Studio.

--------------

What my friend has been working on.

My friend has also been working on this, but he's been doing boring stuff like code refactoring and live code analysis.

--------------

So that's what I have done today! Hope you like, and I hope it's OK to post this early in development.

Cheers,
Bozzy

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 04:30:46
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 04:30:46