Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / weapons inventory

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello I am currently working on a FPS in DBP and I have a HUD with health bar but I am having trouble with the inventory for the weapons.

If any one can help me get on the right track I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again.
mike5424
Years of Service
User Offline
like gil's (the guy who made popr (pirates of port royal))

www.madninjas.co.nr we are mad and we are ninjas
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2009 17:58
Quote: "like gil's (the guy who made popr (pirates of port royal))
"

What? I'm sorry, but you've been making a lot of responses here lately that do not make any sense.

@Ian

Look into arrays. If you look at the Tutorials Thread at the top of this board you should be able to find some tutorials on them.

mike5424
Years of Service
User Offline
hey!!!! i do make sense i was saying about the item inventory on popr (pirates of port royal)(made by gil) and asking if that was what he was talking about

www.madninjas.co.nr we are mad and we are ninjas
Plotinus
Years of Service
User Offline
Well - if you were asking then it would have been helpful to use a question mark! Also, if you're referring to a project described in another thread, it's helpful to give a link to that thread so that other people know what you're talking about.

To the OP, I agree that arrays are the way forward here. Each element in the array could be assigned to an equipment slot (or backpack slot, or whatever). Then you simply assign a value to every kind of item. Whatever value is in each element of the array, that's the kind of item that the character has in that equipment slot.
Big Ian
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks I will try to look into this problem to see what I can come up with

TY

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 04:15:01
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 04:15:01