Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / window inside of screen

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
lets say that the game is in 800 x 600 mode and i would like to have a chat box in part of the screen. is there a way to have a window for the chat inside of the screen? for example... at the bottom like corner of the screen, would be an output chat box, where the text inside the box scrolls, but only scrolls within that box. the chat text will not display in any other area outside of that window. in short, i am looking for an option where i can use milti of windows within the screen res.

here is another example, because this might be hard to understand..
lets say i have a screen like this..

-------
| |
| xx|
| xx|
-------

where the "x"'s are the place for people to chat within the game..
if someone was to type something in that area... the type they typed would never be displayed outside of the "x"'s because the chat in a window within a screen. can this be done in darkbasic?
stan111111
Years of Service
User Offline
here is an example of windows inside of a screen

is there a was to setup windows within darkbasic v1.3?

stan111111
Years of Service
User Offline
well... it seems that we cant display pictures at this forum..

here is the direct link to the picture... http://www.darkbasic.com/g/frame640x480.gif

stan111111
Years of Service
User Offline
well.. maybe it can show a picture.. seems that the pictures at darkbasic game section, showed the borders only, so i will try again.

here is the picture, notice the scroll bars

TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2003 01:40
Yes it can be done, and what you describe would be easiest done manually rather than using the windows commands in DB V1.13 - (that may be what you were suggesting anyway).

Using this method, you could make it look like a window, when it wasn't.

Do you intend the chat 'window' to be over a 2D or 3D screen, because what you have to do for each is different.

TDK

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 19:44:35
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 19:44:35