Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / SEUC Code -Shoot-em-up-Creator Code

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2009 11:13 Edited at: 17th Apr 2009 11:17
Ok so half of it's sloppy, the other half is modular, and somewhere in between is stuff I could've put in a better spot (and probably will for some of it, like bullet movement)

but hey, it's got player controls, detects when the enemy bullets hit you, and is modular enough to where you could add your own types of bullets WITHOUT LOOKING AT THE REST OF THE CODE!!! In other words, it's an engine, and it works... (except player bullets, I gotta add that in about now...)

Here's the code, and a screenie for kicks (though everything in it is for debugging uses, I honestly can do artistic stuff, but not focused on that)

Right now, the background is lacking, and my only "End Of Level" detect is your death, but I will add your win, endOfLevel now Goto Boss, and backgrounds later. (might rewrite the engine to handle multiple level's b/g's and boss b/g's) as well.

My purpose in releasing this to the community is that WE DO NOT HAVE FULL GAMES, at least not as complete as my still-not-half-done engine here, and if they are, it's some odd outdated game for 3/4.0 in the snippets.

When I finally finish the engine, and will demo it in program announcements with better gfx, everyone here will have FULL SOURCE for an ENTIRE GAME! and to top it off, I won't charge anything. I don't like commercializing to be honest, even though this started from my commercial project, lol.

Anyway, yes, I need to add sound, and a menu system (which I did add, but I edited the wrong source file today, so... here it is in debug mode but working otherwise).

TO RUN! CREATE A FILE NAMED "level1.ini" and place it in the exe's folder, along with a Player.bmp image that's 64 by 64 pixels (you can edit the source however you like). It's made for 800 by 600 res in windowed mode, but full works.

Also, level1.ini should have something in it, here's mine for tests

note: I plan on learning tokens soon enough... but right now focused on finishing this.

So, there's the DBP full src, ready to demo itself. I have homework due in 9 hours otherwise I'd get those player bullets in right now, but sleep is calling me...

Will update in the near future with more features as time progresses. Have fun!

Signed
------

Attachments

Login to view attachments
feiting shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
Update! I added a cheap-non-modular test for end of level, both winning and losing. I added bullet collisions for the player, and even comments on things I will be working on to improve it, BUT it's playable. In fact, edit the ini file to make the level longer/shorter... it's just in debug mode with basic functions at the moment, but it's ready to be added-to...

And I'm definitely still working on this, just posting to alert everyone that the exe is now ready, and inside the attached file!

Hope you like it, since the code really allows for more than the demo is showing.

SPACEBAR IS SHOOT! fire a few times to kill the enemy "ship"'s, lol

(note: the name is b/c of me doing something for the DarkNoobsPro project, it's not part of their stuff otherwise)

Signed
------

Attachments

Azunaki
Years of Service
User Offline
looks interesting.. sadly i don't have DBP on my computer any more... (don't really feel like putting it on right now either)
feiting shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
I fixed some bugs but not much else since I posted the last post... glad to see interest! This saturday I'll be adding more AI types and levels, and hopefully get a good exe for you to play with. (the point of the engine is to show off dynamic code's ability, FPSC was made using DBPro, and in fact, the reason I bought it years before FPSC came out is because it has a tremendous ability for engines thanks to making loading files easy)

Will update saturday with bug fixes and hopefully graphics for testing it as a playable game. (I also added a charge-able bullet for better interaction)

Signed
------
feiting shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2009 07:45 Edited at: 27th Apr 2009 07:46
As promised, I tweaked it to look more like a shooter. Unfortunately, aside from minor additions to the source, (which I have yet to implement for bullets at least), that's all I did.

You can now play with a demo!

Todo:
Use an ini file for image loading to make that dynamic.
Figure out bullet display/collide (in the notes near the top of the code)

There's only 1 AI type still, but I added 1 more crappy image along with a bullet image. Already spent hours with 3D+Paint Shop for other prog, so please excuse the slop, but I can say the code is ready to make a game with, with only small tweaks (and perhaps better bullet code)

Personal Note: I have a job interview tomorrow, if it goes good, this might be added to, if it doesn't, I'm sticking to helping Omen purely, so this might be the last public update! Please enjoy its use! It's commented semi excessively in all places that might be hard to get, and the code is intended for new coders, even though not as neat as I intended... ok that's it.

Signed
------

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 04:27:01
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 04:27:01