Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Check This Out!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2003 10:35
Just finished all the major work on my new site design, i still have to add a few new things but most of it is done now took me all week to come up with a design i like.
Bishop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2003 10:40
very nice looking page! i like!

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
lcfcfan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2003 11:05
Just tested it with netscape, ie6 and mozilla all working fine, sorted the shout box out and sorted the links out so they open in a new window.

spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2003 13:13
Not bad. Few comments.

1) Top banner don't show
2) Far too much space wasted on big logos and graphics. means most people have to scroll to bottom to get to interesting stuff.
3)The projects and tutorials links are misaligned with other links
4) suggest you learn about style sheets and make the navigation links more 'alive', so they have rollover ('hover') states.

The programmer formerly known as sonic
Shock
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2003 13:46
5) give it a real title, i hate "Untitled Document"

but all in all, looking good
although im at work, and the computer im using is 800x600, and i have to scroll a little side-to-side (your about 20 pixels too wide).

Sticking feathers up your butt doesn't make you a chicken.
lcfcfan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2003 13:49 Edited at: 11th Aug 2003 13:52
Thanx for you comments and well done for spotting the errors i tested the site in mainly mozilla and netscape cos i figured if it works in them then it's bound to work in IE dunno why those errors come up in ie though in the other two browsers the links and the banner were fine but should all be working now.

I was gonna have some rollovers but i have not really got many links so did not think it would be worth it.

I wanted to put some nice looking images in so sorry if they are a bit bandwidth heavy for any 56kers.

Sorted the untitled document thing out too.

I'm gonna try and add more features soon to make people want to come back like an irc chat plug in that connects to the dark basic irc chat that rpgamer and everyone started and a few other things.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2003 16:42
Why do you have ads/logos for Intel, nVidia and XP? Looks like you're trying to sell computers. I can't really figure out what the site is for or what Apollo does.

There's no menu to navigate the site. Feels like this is it. The 3 collums at the bottom is also hard to read as you have to look all over the place like a bad magazine. No part of the page stands out to be the main information of the page exept for the 3 big images and those aren't even clickable.

What is the point with the site and what does Apollo Design do? The site doesn't tell.

MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2003 20:17
Looks good, only one minor problem.

Where you listed some other helpful db sites. Some of the names are being cut off.

"nderware design"
"aniacs db web site"

Nothing big though. I like it much better than the old site.

Website 50% done (May be out by mid-end August)
lcfcfan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2003 22:45
The site navigation is at the top, i could not find any dark basic logos to put on the site so i put some others on i liked, it's just a site for my projects and stuff mainly.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2003 23:13
There's noting at the top of the site, just your logo and a banner. I'm using IE6 in case you wonder.

lcfcfan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2003 23:37 Edited at: 11th Aug 2003 23:40
Dunno why that is although i did have to fix some things that were working in other browsers that did not display in ie, here is an image i have underlined the navigation bar does this not show up for you?

[edit] Damn images

lcfcfan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2003 03:33
There is now an irc chat room on the site, there should useually be someone on there.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2003 19:30
Nope, between the logos and the AD logo and banner are that blue line to the right but nothing else. Since IE is the most used browser by far it's very important that you fix it.

lcfcfan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2003 22:10
Thanx for telling me about that i'll see what i can do.

spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2003 22:29
Well, I use IE6 and see navigation menu just fine! Nothing obviously wrong in the HTML either.

The programmer formerly known as sonic
Cash Curtis III
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2003 22:35
nice site man although it wouldnt crash ur computer to use a smaller sig

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 08:36:39
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 08:36:39