Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / MY way of doing animations,WORKS FAST

Author
User Banned
Posted: 18th Apr 2009 07:07
OK, sorry for the caps but i figured i was a good call as ever sence i have been here i have read over and over about 2 animations at the same time, now im not talking about runing and shooting at the same time. im talking about doing one animation then another right after that one then returning to my last one. also i have it to a timed animation feture. so you can play one animation.
idle
then if you standing there for to long your player or anyother modle will swich animations per your time.

my guy here idles, then he will dance, then he will rool around, then he will creep intill i move him then he resorts back to walking.

here is my coad, i finley after 4 weeks figured this out and thought i would share it.

dweeb
feiting shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2009 05:56 Edited at: 19th Apr 2009 05:58
You know, we have hundreds of people (even me), who code entire systems but completely avoid what you just coded... I think you are learning something valuable here!

You will need to upload the model so we can use your code, and/or the exe with media, but otherwise I like it. I can tell you researched a bit to get the animations to play right, even though your code seems a bit long... for example, the last part could be changed to:

but don't worry about that if you're not in algebra yet. In fact, much kudos if you are doing this without any algebra, pretty good!

Can't wait to see what you program when you get good!

Signed
------
pc nerd
User Banned
Posted: 19th Apr 2009 07:38 Edited at: 19th Apr 2009 08:34
you wrote

lol, im not shure what to say to that

I have well passed math in my 35 years of life but i do see what you have done there, i dont know why i did not use the same algebra
you did but in all reality i was trying to figure out a good way to mix animations and every thing i wrote conflicks with dark basic pro. but in all respect i love the short way you broke down my coad and thanks. from now on i will try to use math in most my coad. i do try to think out side the box when im trying new things and i usually dont mind the time i spend, as far as uploading my media well i figured most people could just replace mine with theres.

thanks

EDIT:

but on the simple fact i would like my guy to move at an excact rate and not on a percent rate. I think this is just fine to use in my event to.

dweeb
feiting shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2009 08:53 Edited at: 19th Apr 2009 08:53
yes, it is, but I noticed a pattern. In fact, your last two numbers are also patterns, broken apart by 0.2 (1.8 and 2.0).

In that case try the select: case : end case statements.
I thought you were younger because of the typo's you have, sorry about that.

Also, I meant we all code everything about the game except the graphics and animations... I have to get to that myself regarding my engine or nobody's gonna think it even works... but um, could you upload the model so we can test it out? Also it seems you use sparky's DLL... I don't (bought darkPhys), but since it's free, I'll download it to try out your demonstration later, if you upload it that is.

Signed
------
pc nerd
User Banned
Posted: 19th Apr 2009 09:42
you said,
yes, it is, but I noticed a pattern. In fact, your last two numbers are also patterns, broken apart by 0.2 (1.8 and 2.0).

yea, i see that now, thanks for that

as far as the typo's i am sorry for that.

I also bought dark phisics but could not use it for the fact the timming in it really is hard on my pc. IM REALLY GLADE IT WAS AS I LEARNED ALOT FROM SPARKYS DLLS.

As for my modle well, I will not upload it here as i made the modle for the game im working on. but i will email it to you if you wish.the only thing i ask is not to let anyone have it as any modle will work with this animation set up. just change the animation number to yours. let me know and ill send it to you.

dweeb
pc nerd
User Banned
Posted: 19th Apr 2009 11:15
I would also like to add that you can also add other commands that hold value to the animation loops, like in the code bellow i put in my animation loops,,text to display during each animation, so the animations are timed so is any other condition you place in that loop for that time.

dweeb

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 04:22:57
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 04:22:57