Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Need help with Arrays/Types and would a program automatically remember new values for variables

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2009 23:22 Edited at: 22nd Apr 2009 23:24
I've been working on the stats for the battle system on my rpg.
My probelm is I'm not sure when to use arrays or types. I've used both but I think it might be a waste of code and using both in the wrong way. I've read this and followed this tutorial on arrays but still haven't gotten everything crystal clear in my head.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=96084&b=7

I was also having some problems on how to set up a base stat for a characrer and later overwrite it when say the character gains experiance or levels up.

Would this work? Would the program remember between battles the level was now 2 and not go back to the original lvl=1(and only reset if I restarted the program) or would I have to add more code to allow for this? Bascially I'm wondering if the program would remember changed/new values for the variables if one left the current loop(ie after the battle) as they went back to the main game.

Anyway help would be great thanks.

Full Code:

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 06:24:48
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 06:24:48