Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / 3d studio max models in dark basic pro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok so i started making my game and making my levels and characters, weapons and so on in 3d studio max as i thought it was supported, but it dosent seem to load the models if there not like real low polly so i continued making them real good and textured and so forth and used a program to convert it to a .x file which was good, and i imported the model and it viewed fine bar one flaw, the model shows white, i loose all my textures. Is there some sort of quick tip here to fix this or a way around it, because i used like a million different textures for my level and i cant apply more than one texture to to my level. Quite confusing.

thanks guys
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2009 11:29
This question would be best asked in 3D Chat,where they can answer questions about exporting, texture rules etc.

As far as games are concerned, they need to be low-poly for whatever engine you use. Think a few hundred polys for scenery, a couple of thousand form main characters, and billboards for distant scenery.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 06:18:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 06:18:04