Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / WiiDrive

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2009 06:04 Edited at: 26th Apr 2009 15:22
This is a game i'm making basically just to show use if the wiimote with darkbasic.

GAME DOWNlOAD - BETA 0.01 (25/04/09)

VIDEO OF BETA 0.01

Basically im using a wiiremote to make a driving game, im also using Newton physics which is a first for me

so this is a beta version, but its coming along nicely

hold the wiiremote like this...

also if you don't have a wiiremote, then you can play using WASD
oh and sometimes newton crash/bugs, but this is a beta

Yours Tv.

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Jimpo
Years of Service
User Offline
This didn't work at all

It didn't detect my Wiimote, and I double checked that it was plugged in using GlovePIE. My Wiimote plugs in as player 3, so if it doesn't already, you game should search for the first active Wiimote.

I tried to play with WASD but the jeep kept on starting halfway through the ground and would just fall through. The program also straight up crashed randomly.

Tv Xxx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2009 13:41
Yer i noticed the other day that it crashes randomly but thats the newton.dll, wonder if its cos it the old version? but the wrapper only supports this version as for not allowing your wiiremote, i have no idea, i just use the built in buletooth my laptop came with and that works fine... but ill look into GLovePIE and see what i can do, and the problem with falling through the floor is when it lags the time update on the newton misses an update thus positioning you through the floor, it you press space and reset the jeep it should fix the problem...

i will get to work on fixing it asap, realy sorry it didnt work for you

can other people please test and feed back?

Yours
Tv.

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size
dale2507
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2009 22:58 Edited at: 27th Apr 2009 22:59
One of connection issues is that it searches for the wiimote in the windows HID device list and attempts to connect to the first remote. if it can't connect it returns an error.

I put troubleshooting in beta of wiimote plugin that's been released for connection issues. i've copied them below with steps removed that don't relate to releases:

Connecting the Wii Remote

Press the 1+2 buttons on your wiimote
Search for bluetooth devices on your computer
Connect to 'Nintendo RVL-CNT-01'

Troubleshooting

Check that WiimoteLib.dll is in the working directory (if you have opened the exe directly it will be the same folder as the exe)
Check that your Wiimote is connected
Delete any pairings with other Wii devices

Hope this helps

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 04:30:36
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 04:30:36