Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / What Graphics Format Is Best In Level Design?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2003 07:43
At this point, I know there's .X, which can be changed into .BSP, and then theirs Matrixes. I, as of now, know that .X is a basic graphics format used with most 3d programs, .BSP is a (Supposedly) better format, with built in collision detection and higher processer efficiancy, and matrixes are actually created either through the software, or thorugh something like Matedit. What are the major differences, which is the best, and which should I, a newbie when it comes to such things, use? Thank you for your time.
keeblerElf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2003 09:10
.X is the best for inside enviroments only because .BSP has so many glitches right now and matrices are only good for landscape. For outdoor enviroments, I would recommend matrices because they are easy to use and you can simulate water and rolling hills and everything with them with just a few commands...and you can use matedit--which I've discovered today to be very cool--to make cool matrices.

Live life and play video games

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 19:47:53
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 19:47:53