Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Saving a typed array to file, transparent texture on a plane

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2009 00:22 Edited at: 28th Apr 2009 19:21
I set up a simple system to place my 3D objects in the gameworld:

The bit in question is in the POSITIONDEBUG gosub under if SPTRIG=1. I wanted to save the current positions of the objects after moving them about. But when I try to save, I get runtime error 54 - "Array type invalid at [the line the array is to be saved]". I've saved arrays like this before, but they weren't defined as a custom type, and it worked fine.

Also, another quick question: how do you make a 3d object render without shading? The textures on my planes are dull, when I want them to be just as bright as the source image.

And how do you render transparent textures on a plane? My png file has transparent areas that worked fine when it was a sprite, but now that I'm transitioning to 3d and used SET OBJECT TRANSPARENCY, it has these weird outlines where the transparent areas are.

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: It turns out that I needed to SET OBJECT TRANSPARENCY 2,x to x=4. Don't know why it works, but it does.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 06:16:25
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 06:16:25