Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Terrain Texture Problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am trying to texture my terrain with a grass texture. When I texture it it looks like the one texturte strecthed over the terrain and looks blurry and Ugh. I have read and read on texture splattering and still do not understand. Can some one please teach me to texture a terrain her is what I have in code and here is the screenshot.

And if I try a shader it does nothing are there steps I can learn.
here is a screen shot up close

Attachments

Login to view attachments
OnQue Int
Years of Service
User Offline
This is at a distance

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2009 05:11
Do you use UPDATE TERRAIN in your loop? Furthermore, try getting rid of the SET OBJECT SMOOTHING and SET OBJECT commands. Maybe it will work then?

<-- Spell based team dueling game!
Monk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2009 19:15
you need to use certain shaders on the AT terrains.

You dont need a scale size that big. That wont help.The bigger it is, the larger each poly is, the larger area the texture has to stretch across.

Finally, surely you dont need to position the object -200000 below the origin?? Either your object is too big or thats just bad positioning...

There are shaders that will change the texture scale, but if you dont know how to use shaders, I would advice going to the dbpro board and visiting the shader thread there. Also, try position the player slightly higher on the object so that you get a better view of the object and itll look slightly less stretched

OnQue Int
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you guys for responding. Yes the set object was just testing and the positioning was a quick way to drop it below me to see it. I have used Gandaff shader and finaly learned to blend using height. Looks real good but the problem now is... I dont want to blend textures for height, I want to decide where I want the textures. I use l3dt But I cant figure out the alphamapping so I can texture splatter. I have a Fps That I have been working on for a while and alot done But I cant deal with the terrain like it is so I am now trying to learn the shaders. here is a condensed version of my engine with The texure blend shader. Could you please explain alphamapping with texture stage. One guy said it has a certain order the textures go but as I look I see others using stages and there textures are not the same type of order.

Example:

he said normals go on stage 3 and alpha on stage 1 but I have seen other that are not that way and work.

Thank you for your help

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 06:27:38
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 06:27:38