Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Error 3002 (can't load sound file)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i am trying to put soem music into my game but it wont laod the file. I have tried wav and mp3 format and the file path isa correct (checked loads)

This is as the top of the code and there is no Play sound above it. Any ideas from anyone i would be greatfull.
Thanx
Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
I know that you tried both WAV and MP3, but LOAD SOUND only takes .WAV files. Use LOAD MUSIC for an mp3 file.

Also, when providing the path to the file, try to use a path relative to your executable/code.

jeffhuys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2009 19:17
Quote: "Also, when providing the path to the file, try to use a path relative to your executable/code."

What he means by that is if your project sits in "C:/Dark Basic Pro/Projects/Game", and your sound (or anything else that needs to be loaded) sits in "C:/Dark Basic Pro/Projects/Game/Data/Music/MyMusic.wav", use Load Sound "Data/Music/MyMusic.wav", 1. This will prevent many many errors later on, especially for other users!

Jeff

You're the 'th to view this signature!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 06:17:00
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 06:17:00