Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / make a 3d object invisible

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2009 00:40
I have a sphere I am using for collisions, but I don't want it to show up in the rendered game.

How can I easily make the sphere simply not render? I looked in the help files, but only found things for either a "ghost" effect, or wireframing the sphere. I need a command like "make object invisible" or "don't render this" or something, so that my player sees only the player model and not the collision sphere used for the physics.

I know I can make a black texture and set it transparent, but I'd rather not use a texture for an object that simply is invisible the entire game anyway.
Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
300happy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2009 03:03
So simple.

But why isn't this in the documentation under APPEARANCE COMMANDS? It's listed under the normal OBJECT COMMANDS, along the same place as things like rotating the object are listed. This is why I couldn't find it. Wouldn't it make more sense to put turning the object invisible under it's appearance, not it's rotation and positioning?

Unless there's a technical explanation for it, this probably should be corrected in the next update, to avoid further confusion of people like me.
DB PROgrammer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2009 04:10
It's not really a appearance command because it removes it from the render loop.

DBPro, limited by the programmer.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 06:24:30
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 06:24:30