Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Problem displaying contents of my High Score array

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2009 16:23 Edited at: 13th May 2009 20:01
I'm having difficulty with displaying test. It works perfectly for the text input code I'm using, but I'm trying to display the contents of my array (at the very end of the game - loads of sprites have been flying around by now) and it simply isn't working. It's doing nothing at all.

This is the code I'm using

I can't see anything wrong with it. Yes, I've tried putting CLS all over the place in the hope that it will blank the screen, but it doesn't do that. It still retains whatever was on the screen before.

Here is the code of everything that happens when the player dies, when the above code should be working:

The thing is, i call a function in there, _input, which is a text input thing. I'm using it for testing, so I can make up whatever score I want to and see if it goes in the file properly. The text displays just fine in that! Everything goes black, and there's a prompt in the middle of the screen asking for "high score" and a flashing cursor. That displays just fine. However, trying to display my array is just being really irritating!

Here is the code for that function, _input, in case it helps.

I'll also upload the whole program if you want to download it to see what's going on. What you have to do is when it starts, press enter on "Start game", and then move right until you find an enemy and he shoots you. That means you're dead, (one shot kill) and the above code runs. You then type in any old score you feel like, and then it tries to display the high scores and just nothing.

Thanks for any help, this has really got me stumped!
bobbel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2009 18:43
well, in the second code snippet, i couldn;t find a sync command, maybe its that? and, in teh game you uploaded, i can't find this in the source code:

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 06:19:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 06:19:54