Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Turnbased Dungeon game - Like Warhammer quest - What do I need to do next?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2009 22:51 Edited at: 12th May 2009 17:15
I have been trying for a while now to make a video game much like/exactly like the old board game Warhammer quest. Unfortunatly I have no programming or graphics experience. I was gonna try to keep the graphics simple with 2D and keep much of the gameplay the same as the board game just in a video game format. I have no idea what I need to do next, where to go from the little code that I have now. I have looked up and down the forums and searched all I can think of on the web with no luck. I have alot of free time and am willing to learn. I have been thinking about going to school to learn how to make video games. I have attached the code that I have thus far. In case that didn't work I also have copy and pasted the code here into this message. Basically I am looking for some help/ a point in the right direction of what to do next and how to do it. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
Please put the code in code tags.

Also, we can't really compile your code because we don't have any of the media, so perhaps explaining what state your game is at would be a good idea.

Dezmodeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Basically my game is in a state of mayhem I guess you could say. I really have nothing besides the main menu, character select screen, and I guess what you would call the ingame interface screen? I know exactly what I want to do just haven't much idea how. I want to have a party of up to 4 ,all turn based, moving a certain number of squares per turn depending on the chr movement stat. It will play out much like a Final Fantasy tactics battle but the whole game will be in this fashion. Random maps made of made up of different board sections (such as like a corridor which will be 2x10, dungeon room 4x4, and so forth). Random monsters being in the dungeon section depending on the lvl of your party and random spawns depending on a roll made during each turn. As for graphics I really don't care too much about them. I feel to many games now adays are many with superb graphics but are alway very lacking in the game play deparment / and replayability. I would be very happy with like a top down view with just simple markers to represent the models. I realize I'm in way over my head but I guess in due time I will figure it out. Hope I did the code snippet right this time. File attached is what the main menu looks like as of right now.

[img]null[/img][img]null[/img]

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 06:20:18
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 06:20:18