Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / What Happened To The Tech Demo?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2009 23:36
Even so, management seems chaotic and upgrades are like spur-of-the-moment ideas. I feel this program could be so much more... If only I could write code, I would create a massive mod. This game maker is the launch pad for my game design career. Its the best out there, but for my first game, its not gonna meet my needs, gameplay wise. I'll do my best tho.

Gateway P-7811

seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2009 04:05
@DeltaCommando5 Yeah I know what you mean.

deltamanx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2009 23:38 Edited at: 16th Jun 2009 00:11
The fps creator X10 tech demo was released way before actual fps creator x10 though. My thoughts are that it came down to a situation where they had only half the budget that they expected to have and randomly crossed off things they couldn't afford to put in. (Probably done blindfolded). If you think about it FPS creator x10 didn't really get much funding because direct x10 was one of those "ya the rich guys can get that" things, so realistically the money they used to make fps creator x10 was leached off of other game creators products that were more successful at the time because they all ran on direct x9 which was widely excepted as the standard form of video 2D and 3D rendering, direct X10 was one of those things that just randomly popped in out of no where, it to probably had its funding leached off of more successful Microsoft products, and back then really to even play the tech demo, you need to buy a PCI express equipped computer and a NViDiA Geforce GPU because until ATI saw the potential in DX10 Nvidia was the only direct X10 supporting producer of graphics cards. On top of that back then 8800s were the best and cost unrealistic amounts of money, but the game creators made a gamble that in the future DX10 will be very successful, which was really a wild stab in the dark because there wasn't enough hype around DX10 to cause massive crowds to go out and buy it because it cost so much. Then again the same thing happened when the AGP slot and DX9 were released, every one was happy with old PCI or DX8, so I guess the game creators who experienced with such thing foresaw something like that happening again. Yet once again they were only guessing, because if DX10 didn't become successful, FPS creator X10 would have fallen apart and disappeared. Also remember, most people weren't pleased that on top of all of that, they'd also have to convert to Vista to use Direct X10. Vista was supposed to bad and work terribly but yet it sprung us into the revolution of 64-bit OSs. Being in such a position I think you might also sacrifice some features to conserve money on a product you are not even sure will make it past a year.

(wow that was long).

ASUS Notebook G50VT Series NViDiA GeForce 9800M GT 512MB Integrated RAMDAC Score? 5.3 (stupid slow hard drive...)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 00:55:57
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 00:55:57