Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK .NET / C# Code?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2009 22:56
Can someone please let me see the start up code for C#. I just want to to see some sample code from it to see how it works. Thanks.

TruShot Studio
A73
Years of Service
User Offline
Assuming a main method:

To stop loop execution:

With Display.HideWindow(); Display.ShowWindow(); you can show / hide the DGDK window.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Simfan147
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2009 01:42
Thanks. I have decided to get the DarkGDK.NET and use it with C#

Thanks for the help.

TruShot Studio
A73
Years of Service
User Offline
Glad I could help
C# is IMHO definitely the right choice when it comes to .NET.

Cheers.
Niels Henriksen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2009 08:37
A73 - It depends on what you are used to program in. I prefer VB in .NET becuase I have been using VB for more than 12 years.

Niels Henriksen
www.tales-of-the-realms.com
if Microsoft can sell software with bugs, so can I.
A73
Years of Service
User Offline
Niels,

you're absolutely right. It always depends... I used to develop applications in VB6 for many years (and I still do, you know, legacy code...), before completely prefering to use C-styled languages (for Web it is PHP, Javascript,... for Windows C++, C#).

I think that one of the nice things in .NET is the freedom of choice. For me, C# is by far the best implementation and I must admit that I'm happy not to have to deal anymore that much with (vb) basic language constructs that often tend to be word intensive (in terms of word amount and language constructs)... maybe it's only because I fell in love with the syntax, elegance and charme of the C# language that I put down my former love? Ahem... sry!

Back to topic... beeing all an "it depends" thing, I do not dare to say that there's an absolute and definite language...

But if you ask me and you are at the beginning, I would recommend C#, beeing the framework also implemented in that way, I think it makes sense.

Anyway, nice to meet you Niels, I have read many of your posts in the past before starting to find some time to also post...

Cheers
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2009 19:08
Now if only more of the plugins were supported with it.

- DarkPhysics (in the works)
- DarkAI (in the works)
- Sparky's Collision (??)

For now with GDK.Net you are mainly stuck with the default DBPro command set. Which I suppose is ok, but it would be nice to have a few more of these plugins to make use of.

Niels Henriksen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2009 21:20
Quote: "Anyway, nice to meet you Niels, I have read many of your posts in the past before starting to find some time to also post... "

hehe... you are welcome

Niels Henriksen
www.tales-of-the-realms.com
if Microsoft can sell software with bugs, so can I.
A73
Years of Service
User Offline
@KISTech
You are right... there might be some established additional stuff that is missing in DGDK.NET, but given the fact that DGDK.NET is the "youngest child" in the TGC/GDK family, we all should give APEXnow the necessary time to make his work a good one, don't you think?

I suppose it's only a matter of (not that much) time, that we'll see first the major and then the minor plugins beeing re-engineered to DGDK.NET... except they didn't sell enough DGDK.NETs to make it a profitable system to develop / re-develop plugins for.

One thing which could be done better is the information about DGDK.NET, which IMHO is quite poor (it doesn't even have a separate page, giving a quite temporary impression )

Let's see:
DP is in the works
DAI is also in the works
SC will surely be done (couldn't imagine why not...)

And being extensible, DGDK.NET offers also the chance to develop your own addins, so that I am sure that the more packages are sold, the more addins we will see.

As a matter of experience, you should give a product an acceptable time to evolve (at least 1 or 2 years), and I think DGDK.NET is going its way ( I hope so ;P )

Quote: "For now with GDK.Net you are mainly stuck with the default DBPro command set.
"

... well and everything which comes with the .NET framework... plus you could use SlimDX to enhance your application / game... plus any other .NET / COM component you would like.... which gives you by far the best "basic" DBP system currently available, I think...

Just my 2 cents

Cheers
Holy Cow Coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2009 16:14
@A73:

I wholeheartedly agree, DarkGDK.net is still in its infancy, and there will be a lot of independent development of plug-ins for it, given time. And we do need more in-depth info about DGK.Net and it's uses. I am a primarily C++ programmer trying to utilize the GDK.Net with VB and C#, and I am having a hard time finding anything of real substance to help me figure this out. I can write RPGs in VB.net 2008 without problems, but I have not even gotten the example app to run properly using GDK.net, but I am sure there is some way to fix this.

"The Dark Side Clouds our vision...Only the Dark Lord of the Sith knows of our weakness. If informed the Senate is, multiply our enemies will." Master Yoda, Episode II.
Uberdroid
Years of Service
User Offline
A73 I feel the same way! I have been forced to use VB6 for like 10 years and I am just realizing how "right to the point" the syntax of c# is and how powerful it is comparitively. There are still some things I miss about vb but not really. I never wanna look back.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:10:55
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:10:55