Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / the very start of a 2d game, now how to start? (sprite placing and moving)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2009 07:24
Hi, I've just bought Darkbasic pro and I've been reading tutorials and looking everywhere on the site all day, so I've decided to just ask directly.

I understand most of creating and moving 3d objects, but...

How how do I first summon up my characters sprite (it's an old zeldaish style game) and then what commands to make him move.

Second what commands do I use, from start to finish to make the map (I'm ok on the collisions if I can just get the map on there)

And lastly how do I position the camera to follow the character from a near top-down view (the view is simalar to zelda or or other 2d rpgs)

Thanks for the help.

(I havn't included a script with this one because there is none, i need help from the start on this sprite matter)

My site: www.skyknight.co.uk
Gingerkid Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2009 14:11
Have you read the beginners guide to DBpro. That might have what your looking for inside. If not I recommend you buy the Hands of DBpro book. Its very good.

TheCleverGuyz
bobbel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2009 14:54
i'm sure there's a tutorial in the tutorial thread that works with sprites and stuff

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Ashingda 27
Years of Service
User Offline
Another good way to learn is by looking at other people's codes. Read through it and try to understand. If it's something new or something you dont understand, place your cursor under those statements and press F1.

You'll get the Help window to pop up. Read and learn how to use it. If you're still having trouble understanding, ask on the forum about that specific problem.

You can find alot of other people's source codes laying around in Code Snippets and Program Announcements.
SAAB Driver
Years of Service
User Offline
Another great way of learning thoose kind of things is to check the newsletters,there is plenty of good tutorials to learn, like how to make a 3d sidescroller

Hello!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 06:19:08
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 06:19:08