Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Glowing Object

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2009 20:59 Edited at: 17th May 2009 21:00
How do i make an object glow like this?

i'm not sure, maybe use cartoon mapping and modify it or something? or do i use ghosted plains? the texture is taken from dark shader and i used gimp to make it glow and sorry for the big size of the img

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2009 23:20
For that sort of effect I would just use a ghosted plain. Here's what you would do:

1. Make a glow texture.
2. Make a plain. Texture it with the glow texture.
3. Position that plain at the position of the object that you want to make glow. If the object is moving then you will need to do this every loop.
4. Point the plain at the camera using the POINT OBJECT command.

That's the simplest way I can think of to do it . Maybe using DISABLE OBJECT ZWRITE on the glowing plain would help too.

<-- Spell based team dueling game!
bobbel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2009 07:48
hmmm, that sounds pretty easy. i think i'm gonna do that. arent there any other ways, or...??

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2009 16:13
Shaders, probably. I can't tell you much about them, though.

bobbel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2009 16:20 Edited at: 18th May 2009 20:03
i tought that too, maybe a modded cartoon shader. i totally suck at shaders, so i think i'll just stick with plains. i hope it looks good

EDIT: ok now i've got it working, but why should i use disable object zwrite? i don't see a difference...?

EDIT2: Nvm, it looks totally awesome now! thanks very much!

(\__/)
(O.o )

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 06:19:52
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 06:19:52