Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / db Perform CheckList For Objec tLimbs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2009 21:36
How do I use \\\\\\\'dbPerformCheckListForObjectLimbs\\\\\\\' and have it display a list of limbs for me?

DragonsLair
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2009 21:37
Also how do I check the distance between two objects?

jezza
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2009 22:34
Have you never studied Pythagoras' theorem? He states that the Quare of the length of the hypotenuse is equal to the sum of the squares of the other two side. Extending this into 3D space, the distance is equal to the sum of the squares of the other three sides. The sides are just the difference.
So:

I believe to use abs and sqrt you must include math.h

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
DragonsLair
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2009 22:42
cheers ill give it a go

ABXG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2009 11:43
You are squaring the number anyway so you do not need to waste processing power on finding the absolute value of the difference between the two points. I would also recommend you not square the distance. This saves some processing power and really doesn't affect anything than you having to square the number you want to check against the distance.

------------------------------------
Currently 1500+ lines of code into an "over-the-shoulder" action RPG with combat based on rag-doll physics.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 15:24:43
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 15:24:43