Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Establisshinga company

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2003 15:36
I know it ain't much better to say this but as I am a truthful person as well...

Has anyone realised that when threads go slightly bad it is mostly because everyone jumps on the occasion of spitting an easy pot-shot...

Taking a step back in those cases doesn't prove your wrong or don't know better,it's proves you have enough maturity to let it all be and move on.

Just a thought

If I've seen it all before,why's this bus taking me back again? @_@
empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2003 15:51
Well, the question (on a more or less public board) was "How to setup in company?"; a counter question was "Why would you want to do that?", and the answer was "Wanna develop for nFinity(!) and Gamecube". I think it's ok to point out that there's something (or a lot) wrong with this concept.

I awoke in a fever. The bedclothes were all soaked in sweat.
She said "You've been having a nightmare and it's not over yet"
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2003 15:56
Yes but so many people,as little experienced in programming as it gets,have jumped on the guy because he ignored something that they don't necessarily know themselves...Just hoping on an easy flame wagon.

If the guy can't understand what's explained to him it is no reason to get aggressive...I know for a fact because I tend to be like that myself and I know when I'm wrong.

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2003 16:05
-and I know when I'm wrong

LMAO I just realized how ironically phrased that was.

Hope you get what I mean anyways.

Cash Curtis III
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2003 16:05
well I actually KNOW a guy on my msn list who programs for the GC and GBA(dont know if he still does) and not only know C++ but even he says its hard, and he is in university right now. Face it man, what u are saying is just crazy and impossible. GC programming isnt like for pc, hell I dont even know wat the GC runs on (i know it runs on a ATI video card, but wat?) so for know while u are still young practise with DBP and try learning C++ and after u complete highschool only can you even CONSIDER doing this.
And after that I still recommend u tak a degree it colledge Thats what I am doing!

Comin' soon: www.megatoncreations.tk
Now all I need is an actual game!
Also: Reviewing the games no one else bothered to.
Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2003 16:07
Quote: "Yes but so many people,as little experienced in programming as it gets"

Woah woah.. that comment bette rnot be about me. Cause you better do some research on me before you say that about me. i may only be 16.. but i have learned alot since i have started programming in assembly(that was 7-8 years ago) Although i'm not saying i'm the best programmer.. i have just been around the block..from pascal to html to C.. i've been there.

Working on 4 projects 2 RPG(programming texturing and 3d map), 1 3rd person shooter (Programming), and a special project.
Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2003 16:09
oh and megaton.. suggest c++ before basic.. it'll make basic all that easier. Because i know a few people who went basic to C.. and it was just a pain for them.. making the whole transition and all.

Working on 4 projects 2 RPG(programming texturing and 3d map), 1 3rd person shooter (Programming), and a special project.
empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2003 16:10 Edited at: 15th Aug 2003 16:12
Quote: "
on the guy because he ignored something that they don't necessarily know themselves...Just hoping on an easy flame wagon.
"

hmm, yes there might be people who just want to jump on the flame wagon.
But if even one of his team members (I assume yellow is a team member?) has serious doubts... should make him think.

Quote: "
I know for a fact because I tend to be like that myself and I know when I'm wrong.
"

I`ve seen that . But as long as you know about it...
(I think I got the meaning)

I awoke in a fever. The bedclothes were all soaked in sweat.
She said "You've been having a nightmare and it's not over yet"
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2003 16:13 Edited at: 15th Aug 2003 16:13
-Woah woah.. that comment bette rnot be about me. Cause you better do some research on me before you say that about me

If the hat doesn't fit,don't wear it.I'm talking of a phenomenon much more than an individual in particular.

-oh and megaton.. suggest c++ before basic.. it'll make basic all that easier. Because i know a few people who went basic to C.. and it was just a pain for them.. making the whole transition and all.

Most programmers I know that actually studied it at school,learned C++ right away,no basic course...Except for VB.

Cheers Empty

Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2003 16:16
.. i musta miss interpeted that comment (hell 2 days pretty sleepless does that) But hey .. my mistke

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2003 16:18
No probs...Blame it on the net.

Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2003 16:20
see what i was seeing at first was...

"Yes but so many Eric's,as little experienced in programming as it gets,have jumped on the guy because he ignored something that they don't necessarily know himselfJust hoping on an easy flame wagon."

but now i see what it actually say... (i raised the font size on IE lol)

Kanzure
Years of Service
User Offline
sigh...I think this is another one of them fake things where people exagerate something a TON. His father probably told him a friend who works at Nintendo said something like that - (Most likely as a joke / incouragment).....and that got to his head

Cash Curtis III
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2003 17:50
maybe. Or maybe we got megamanzero.jr here

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2003 18:46
Probably one of two things

A) wants an ego boost
B) imagination got carried away

B is a simple mistake, we've all had own illutions of grandur when we had our copy of DB for the first time, but mistaking that it can become reality with little or no effort is the trouble. When it comes down to the flame wagon, I don't jump on unless I feel something should be said that hasn't yet, or if I am personally insulted by the original comment (kinda hard, I'm pretty mellow).

Teenage Male Geek + Female Remotly Interested in Common Geek Activities = Teenage Male Jackass
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2003 19:23
hell I dont even know wat the GC runs on

I've got an idea. There'll be be function probably(ie. you can't write loadobject["obj"] you'll have to load everything directyly into memory.

You can't put a file alongside with your game (on the GBA, you had to get aspecial program that writes out the code to fill an array with your image, then you have to fill the screen array with this image).

It'll be very hard. And very tedious.

Here's a short example program that draws a picture to the screen. Inside ppic.h is a big c eqivalent on data definitions ["data 1,1,1 etc].

This is modified from an exmaple preogram from a web site I can't remember:

You are the th person to view this signature.
GRAVITY: I fought the law but the law won
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2003 19:43
The GameCube was created with programers in mind, thus is is far more easy than coding a PS2 game. Nintendo wanted to earn back more 3rd part support sio it made sure that coding was user friendly.

Teenage Male Geek + Female Remotly Interested in Common Geek Activities = Teenage Male Jackass
Kanzure
Years of Service
User Offline
Nintendo did do a pretty big leap from the n64 to GC. Although, they aren't quite there as I feel the PS2 has more of the market still.

Nintendo has much better games though, too bad I don't have a GC

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2003 21:25
Apparently, developers are much happier with GC discs than xbobx or ps2's because they are so hard to pirate - the XB and PS2 just slumped for DVDs, while the GC uses a propriatery (sp?) media.

You are the th person to view this signature.
GRAVITY: I fought the law but the law won
Shock
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2003 23:06
doesn't the gc use a mini disc? then again i don't know since i donnt have a gc (and i guess licensing from sony would be a pain). i guess they use something similar.

Sticking feathers up your butt doesn't make you a chicken.
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2003 05:51
Quote: "hmm, yes there might be people who just want to jump on the flame wagon.
But if even one of his team members (I assume yellow is a team member?) has serious doubts... should make him think."

We're all coming from different views. Please don't post on this topic anymore, and let it die. I have my own reasons for this, not because I've said anything wrong, or that I just think it's a stupid topic. It's just a topic that just never needs to be.

Website 50% done (May be out by mid-end August)
Cash Curtis III
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2003 14:46
no its not supid, just isnt very umm..wats the word...realistic

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 08:28:52
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 08:28:52