Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / BLACKOUT!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2003 16:09
aw comon we would all be pissed if we had no elctricity. Lets not start any racism comments here.

Comin' soon: www.megatoncreations.tk
Now all I need is an actual game!
Also: Reviewing the games no one else bothered to.
Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2003 17:40
hey did you know the power company was a UK owned power company... so.. they should laugh at us for trusting them lol.

Working on 4 projects 2 RPG(programming texturing and 3d map), 1 3rd person shooter (Programming), and a special project.
andrew11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2003 18:00 Edited at: 16th Aug 2003 18:04
Ok, I am sorry. I just got kind of mad when people acted like this was a joke. It was mostly actarus (from Canada) actually.

"All programmers are playwrites and all computers are lousy actors" -Anon
Shock
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2003 18:16
im sorry too (tear rolls down one eye) .

this forum is like a soap lol. anyway, yeah, brits always say stuff to defend the country, especially in this forum. our country sucks, but if someone says something bad about it we'll be first to strike back.

Quote: "
hey did you know the power company was a UK owned power company... so.. they should laugh at us for trusting them lol.
"

stuff like that always happens lol, like i remember a couple of spaceships or sattellites or something before, that came back down to earth. everything was working fine apart from the one bit that was made by the brits.

Sticking feathers up your butt doesn't make you a chicken.
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2003 18:46
They are saying now that a feeder line in clevland ohio which carries 300 Megawatts west then north to michigan somehow lost its "ability" to carry full capacity and "bottle-necked" the power back east to where it came from, causing a station there to go down, which in turn started this cascade effect. At least that's the graphic and explanation they are feeding us on CNN. Personally I don't like cascades of any kind, especially the windows on my desktop.

snort
rustler

How do ya do there son
Cash Curtis III
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2003 18:49 Edited at: 16th Aug 2003 18:51
Yea i know wats it like. ALtohugh I dont think my country sucks...better then still being is Israel.

Comin' soon: www.megatoncreations.tk
Now all I need is an actual game!
Also: Reviewing the games no one else bothered to.
andrew11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2003 18:55
@CattleRustler

I don't doubt it. One of the hottest times of the year. One too many air conditioners, probably.

UnderLord
Years of Service
User Offline
i wonder if the power outages are another victum of the new computer virus that was released a couple of automated checkout machines at the store i work at where taken down by it so i wonder whats next?

http://www.freewebs.com/ingamers
andrew11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2003 19:37
I doubt it. Do you think the power companies use windows? j/k

The probably already installed the patch. There not that dumb.

8truths
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2003 19:51
The thing is, a lot of companies use Windows 2000 for the UIs into their systems. While the main systems may be Linux/UNIX, Windows is used for a lot of the controls.

I Know US DoD has a similar setup (DoD uses a ton of interfaces written in Visual BASIC and running on 2000 Pro), and I have seen a few cases of this on documentaries about stuff like hydroelectric facilities.

Plus, don't forget that Linux systems are surprisingly easy to sneak a user onto. One of the top security risks listed for Linux is user priveleges.

I admire your honesty. Hell, I like you; you can come over to my house and ---- my sister!
Newbie Brogo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2003 20:31
hey, i'm lucky, power shut off, came on in about a minute, internet didnt come up though until later that night. And you know what sucks? the surge fried our T.V. not happy
But in Cedar Point that day, he he, my friend was there, milllenium force was stuck at the top of the hill, top thrill dragster was stuck at the top for about 5 minutes, Gemini was stuck on a turn and they had to evacuate the people, and you knwo what sucks for my friend? On the way out everyone had to sign a giant list, of how many people in their party and their names, and i think their address, that musta took awhils, seeing hundreds of people in cedarpoint atleast. And if u dont know what cedar point is, its the best amusment park in the world, been rated that for 6-7 years straight.

You did what? For who?! For how many jellybeans?!?
Newbie Brogo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2003 20:33
O, ya know whats funny? msn's big topic 1 day was the blackout, then usually they might keep it up and post any new info. but noooo, they put on Freddy vs Jason instead, lol I've gotta see that, i knwo who wins tho :0

Dean
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2003 21:47
this is what makes me laugh... They were telling everyone effected to conserve power as soon as it came back on.. and to ONLY use essential electronics.. but of course, as soon as the power came back on, so did the huge signs in time square lol

andrew11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2003 22:00
lol

Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2003 22:06
isnt the top thrill dragster the new ride? funny how it was actually open the day of the blackout, its usually closed for maintnence every other day or so. Being stuck at the top of the hill for Millenium Force musta been scary, considering the car design. Yet, on a turn with Gemini, I wouldnt mind that, I would just either A) Take out my Gameboy Advance and start playing or B) Take out my Calculator and program that.
But that signing thing would stink. They probably had you sign it so you couldnt sue them for being stuck on a ride.

Hell Begins September 2nd at 7:30 AM. Yep, schools starting soon.
Newbie Brogo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2003 06:37 Edited at: 18th Aug 2003 06:39
lol, they might give everyone refunds, but top thrill dragster is open everyday, (i'v been on it , its sweet!) i go in line, they say 2 hour wait, 4 if it breaks down a lot, i wait in line 1hr, and i moved 3 lines up, so i get outta line, ride magnum, raptor, wickedtwister, then off to try again at top thrill dragster, i wait in line 1hr 15min, and i'm on the ride, funny isnt it.
but you ebtter hope top thrill dragster doesnt fall back instead of go over the hill (it's cool and funny if its ur first time seeing it do that) but then its around at least a 30-40 min wait to fix. luckily i got on in 1hr 15min with 1 breakdown that took 5 min to fix. (o ya, they said atleast 4hour wait when i only waited 1hr 15min..

AzureZeal
Years of Service
User Offline
I know this is off topic, but shock, what the hell is wrong with your cat? It looks like you just unloaded a can of mace into his eyes. And megaton, is yours just yawning or did you really piss him off?

Of course im assuming these are your cats and not just some crazy picks you found on the net. Either way they still crack me up everytime I look at them

8truths
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2003 07:45
Quote: "I know this is off topic"

Nothing is off topic here. Does someone have a photo of this maced cat? Is the mace still embedded?

I admire your honesty. Hell, I like you; you can come over to my house and ---- my sister!
AzureZeal
Years of Service
User Offline
Scroll up

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2003 15:23 Edited at: 18th Aug 2003 15:25
-since when has the Queen been hanging out with Hells Angels?, on some paranoid conspiracy site somewhere?.

Ever watched something called the news?...Like BBC?

Chew on that!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2013067.stm

The Gazette gives examples of the Hells Angels prowess with the press such as when fifty members road in a parade for the Queen of England. "The Hells Angels were roundly praised by the British press for playing a role in the "inclusive" celebration".

Oh and working in a branch does not prove that you are NOT an incompetent.

If I've seen it all before,why's this bus taking me back again? @_@
MushroomHead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2003 16:59 Edited at: 18th Aug 2003 16:59
Actarus, I think you're confused over who Hells Angels in UK, they're just a biking association nothing like your Canadian ones. They just organise biking events and have biking fans all over the place ... have a look at their website http://www.hamcmanchester.co.uk/ (this is the manchester based one).
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2003 17:10
LOL!

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2003 17:17 Edited at: 18th Aug 2003 17:25
I am not going to argue as I don't live in England but I know that anywhere in the world they the biggest criminal groups under local mafias' wing.

BTW: Didn't they kill someone at a Rolling Stones' show a few years(maybe decade) back?

They're about as 'legal & productive' as Osama Bin Ladin but really,what's most interesting is what you guys ignore about them...I mean,it's not like it's not obvious.

-, they're just a biking association

That's what they claim everywhere they go...

I mean,they're not to say:'Oh yeah sure,we're the ones committing murders and dealing with the Libyan cartels and all.' because countries would protect themselves against them like Canada did by making a law that makes you face 17 years in prison if found that you 'hang out' with them....Even if they're just your 'Bike club'...Which they aren't anywhere.

Newbie Brogo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2003 20:55
Shock's cat is a discrace to all cats over the world, and scares me a little.... mine has a secret lab in her litterbox. i found a paw scanner under hger litter box one day, so i go down there at night, and hide near her litter box, and she puts her paw on a scanner, i follow her in her lab, she gets down there puts on a lab coat, and then the elevator goes up before i could get out! one day i'll find out whats in there... i think she's making a bomb to destroy the vacumm...

Dean
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2003 22:01
The hells angels pretty well get away with murder here in Canada, probably in the states, too

Shock
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2003 22:27
lol no, thats not my cat but it reminds me of her,

i might sit there with my digicam waiting for her to do something fun, then i'll put it as my avatar. if only i could get her to stick her tongue out at my again, that would of been a great avatar.

Shock
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2003 22:30
oh, and look what i found the other day... lol

AzureZeal
Years of Service
User Offline
Thats scary and creepy all rolled up into one.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 08:33:45
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 08:33:45