Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Strafe Jump Problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2009 03:23
Hi. First of all this problem i cant think of anything to fix it. ive looked at the command list and i cant fix it.

the problem is when i jump, i want it to fix the object to that movement. like , i can jump forward but magically float left when i press that key. is there a way i can disable that key when jumping? Im willing to put all those if statements to do that!??

what is left behind is left behind, but what is ahead might make a difference to whats left behind.
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2009 03:31
Maybe add "AND JUMPING#=0" to your leftkey and rightkey commands. You disable the spacebar's jumping ability while you're in the air in that way, so why not put it on the leftkey() and rightkey() commands too?

<-- Spell based team dueling game!
Bio Hazard
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2009 03:35
DOH!!! thank you so much! i cant believe i didnt think of that.
your a lifesaver!!!

what is left behind is left behind, but what is ahead might make a difference to whats left behind.
Bio Hazard
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2009 03:45
Ok i have another problem. When i jump why when i look up or down it affects my jumping height (only while moving)

*im sorry to be asking for all this help i just am coding challenged. my codes always have stupid problems.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 06:17:50
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 06:17:50