Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / web browser?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2009 15:48
two things:

1) In visual c++ express, you have the ability to place a web browser window into an application. As DarkGDK is using this software, it must be possible to display a small web browser window within the game. does anyone know how to achieve this or any other things that c++ would normally allow you to do?

2) If I made a normal win32 application, then in another form can I put the usual DarkGDK into that?

ABXG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2009 19:12
I can't answer your first question, but with regards to the second there are some DGDK functions that work outside of a DarkGDK game and some that don't.

I can use some like dbWait just fine, but using any of key scanning functions (among others) causes the application to crash.

------------------------------------
Currently 1500+ lines of code into an "over-the-shoulder" action RPG with combat based on rag-doll physics.
AlexI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2009 22:25
Quote: "1) In visual c++ express, you have the ability to place a web browser window into an application."

This will only work when you are using Managed C++ (.NET Framework)

Quote: "does anyone know how to achieve this or any other things that c++ would normally allow you to do? "

DarkGDK is unmanaged c++. This can only be achieved by using the windows api or buying visual studio and using the MFC classes

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 15:33:26
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 15:33:26