Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2003 14:00 Edited at: 15th Aug 2003 14:00
I read a couple of posts on the topic, some say it can only be used on images, others say that it can be used on objects too.. Pretty confusing

Here's my case:
I've made a house in milkshape (wow) later I found out that I needed windows and some doors . (don't laugh !) So I thought, well I just make the texture with some pink colors and set the color key to 255,0,255 (<- rgb pink values). When I tested it in a modelvieuwer I made it doesn't work, I get nasty black spots (Seem to be at a random place).

Do I need to remodel those pieces or is there a way to fix this?

"Only when all the seas are poisened, only when all the trees have been cut only when all the animals are killed, people will understand that money can't be eaten..."
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2003 16:12
you have some pink values in the texture for a guess (you maybe used jpg, it adds unwanted effects/colours), load the texture into a paint package, lighten it 1% (so nothing can be true black) then make your pink bits black 0,0,0, and save it as a bmp, colourkeys and jpg don`t mix, anything that looks black but is actualy 3,3,3 will be impossible to tell from black and you can use 0,0,0 as transparent, collision should be interesting though, you might have problems walking through the doorway.

Mentor.

Jurgen
Years of Service
User Offline
here's another interesting problem:

when I don't use the command sync rate, I get an fps around the 230, when I do use it, I get 65 or 64

(i'm using a bsp <- don't know if that's the big bug'ger)

"Only when all the seas are poisened, only when all the trees have been cut only when all the animals are killed, people will understand that money can't be eaten..."
Jurgen
Years of Service
User Offline
hello, you guys must be thinking this thread is DEAD, well no, I aksed another question????

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 19:41:39
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 19:41:39