Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / loading objects into another script, help?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2009 13:55
Hi, I've got this code (I didn't make it, it's a simple tutorial code I'm using to learn)

And I want to add my media file house.3ds to this script, so you can walk around the model, but when i try loading it I get an error, where should I add it?

My site: www.skyknight.co.uk
Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2009 14:01
3ds is a 3D studio file which I don't believe is supported by DBP anymore. I have had extreme problems with this format... Your best bet would be to convert the file into direct x format which is definitely supported by DBP.
Jasonorc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2009 14:19
ok, I "hope" I know how to export then Import, but how do I make it show, where do I put load, and where do I position it

bobbel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2009 15:05
in the Dark Basic Manual is plenty of info about the Load Object command and Position Object command

Look at: Commands, Basic3D, and then click around a little or use CTRL+F

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Jasonorc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2009 16:08
No no, i understand, but whenever I try to load an object in the script I have given at the top, it says that it cannot. I'm asking where in that ocde it should be placed...?

bobbel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2009 19:00
were you place the code doesn;t matter. you gotta make sure the object file is in the same map as your DBPro file. so, if you have a .x file in "C:\magame\Object.x", you have to make sure your DBPro file is in "C:\magame\ObjectGame.DBPro". and when you wanna load the object, you type

and what might be an other cause of your problem is that you don't have an DBPro file. so, copy the code u have, click top left new project and paste everything there. no copy the model file to the directory where the project is saved and oaste it there! hope this explains it :S

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Jasonorc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2009 20:24 Edited at: 23rd May 2009 22:46
<nevermind>

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 06:16:02
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 06:16:02