Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Plain's real size

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2009 20:29
hi,

i want to make some sort of menu background, but the menu is 3d. so i thought, maybe if i position a plain, and texture it, it'll look exactly like a background. what size do i make the plain, and how far from the camera do i position it to let the pixel in my picture be exaclty one pixel while textured on a plain in front of the camera?

thanks in advance!

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Monk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2009 20:49
Use backdrop off and that makes the screen 2d so that you can paste a background image

bobbel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2009 22:33
no, what i want is: i have 3 objects, 3 buttons.i want to paste a little animation over the objects, thats what i'll do on screen. then you have the buttons, and i want to play a little animation behind the buttons. thats what i want to use a plain for!

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
CuCuMBeR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2009 23:15 Edited at: 23rd May 2009 23:17
While searching the forum, try alternatives that might end up with what you are looking for.

This have been posted many times. Anyways here is how.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.
bobbel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2009 23:41
Oh, thanks very much!

(\__/)
(O.o )

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 06:23:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 06:23:40