Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Can't walk on matrix help please

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2009 12:23 Edited at: 24th May 2009 16:46
I cannot walk on the matrix
A picture to describe :no need

PROBLEM SOLVED > NEW PROBLEM BELOW

I can now walk on the matrix create objects on the matrix 3rd person perspective on the matrix...But it's just a long plain ..like a piece of paper...How can I add mountains and holes or water ? Please help/
the destroyer
Years of Service
User Offline
try this
level
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Destroyer
Monk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2009 22:12
To make holes and mountains, the command is Set Matrix Height(Mat No,TileX,TileZ,Height)

Thatll set the corresponding tile on your matrix to the height value. To make lots of mountains, instead of a lot of Set Matrix Height commands, make a grayscale heightmap (image of different shades of grey, white = high, black = low) and use DBPRo to load, paste, find the pixel colours, and then set the tile corresponding the each pixel, to the height dictated by the greyness of each pixel,

BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2009 03:40
An easy way to do water - place a big plain object just underneath the matrix, and set Evolved's Water Shader on it, or just texture it like water. When you want to make, say, a lake or a pond, just lower the terrain at that location to a negative height.

Diggsey: I have a spine and memory, but one memorable guy says he hates me. What am I?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 06:16:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 06:16:04