Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Build Executable Problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
When I try to build a standalone executable from the caverunner tutorial, it doesn't successfully place the executable in the folder. I go to the caverun folder as it instructs, but the executable is not inside. I'm using Vista Home Premium. Any ideas?
bobbel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2009 17:39
on the right side of your IDE (or the left, depending on the editor u are using) is a project overview. and on the bottom of that overview are buttons. if you click on the third from left, you can change the file it is compiled to. answers this your question?

Tradd
Years of Service
User Offline
I know for a fact that it's building into the caverun folder. But for example, I'll name the file Tradd, and when I go to the caverun folder, it's not in there. I've tried building it into several other folders as well, with the same result. The program says that it saved successfully, but I don't know how to create the standalone executable file outside the program.
Tradd
Years of Service
User Offline
It seems that the only thing that gets created is the caverun.dba file, which I can't open without some special file opener. No .exe file gets created, only this .dba file. Something's getting left out, unless it's my computer failing to do something important.
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2009 01:33
i don't think you have made a project first.

It's saving the exe to your temp folder.

Without Music or Love the world would be a very empty place... Thank god I still have music.. --'-<@
Tradd
Years of Service
User Offline
What do you mean? I loaded the caverun.dba file from the fast track tutorial, compiled it, executed it, then built it. What am I not doing?
Erk
Years of Service
User Offline
Try quitting DBPro and right click on the application and run it as an Administrator.

Vista has a stupid security block that keeps unauthorized programs from writing to Program Files (Where projects are by default)
Of course, if the project in not in C:\Program Files\, then disregard my suggestion
Tradd
Years of Service
User Offline
That did the trick. Thanks.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 06:27:51
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 06:27:51