Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Help with .DBO limbs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2009 19:37 Edited at: 27th May 2009 19:39
Hello, I'm posting this here and not in the 3D world studio forum because I know what to do with that, it's just how to use the .DBO map properly in my code. I've been at this for months now, and I am about to give up... I've studied the Inca Pro demo, but can't seem to grasp it fully.

I need a system that loads all the maps children, or limbs, places the desired objects (limbs can be copies, so there can be many of the same objects in the game) and let each object perform certain actions in the game loop. All copies of the same object must have individual actions. Example: one 'item_score' gets picked up, the other item_scores must still remain in there previous actions. I hope you understand me.

I can do a basic, crude approach, but that does not allow me to have all the limbs have different actions.

basically, I need a simplified, or stripped down, version of the Inca Pro demo as an example to study.

Does such thing exist or are there any 'noob' tutorials regarding my problem?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Sph!nx
www.DevEd-portal.com
Sph!nx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2009 15:38
I thought this was a quite common approach to setting up a map loading and running code...

No one?

Regards,
Sph!nx
www.DevEd-portal.com
NeX the Fairly Fast Ferret
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2009 15:48
Eight hours and one minute isn't even a full day. You should give at least five days before bumping the thread. Most of the users who might read this (i.e. 12 hours' worth) have not yet.

Sph!nx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2009 17:00
I've lost my patience with this, but you're right, I will have to wait a little longer...

Regards,
Sph!nx
www.DevEd-portal.com
bobbel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2009 17:27
i don;t know exactly how to do this, but maybe you should look at the "Perform checlist for object limbs" command and the other commands perform checklist commands

*ding ding*
Sph!nx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2009 23:01 Edited at: 1st Jun 2009 23:02
Tried finding some info on these boards for it. Found nothing in the area I need it for though.

So I guess there are no simpler examples, than Inca Pro, or tutorials around?

Regards,
Sph!nx
www.DevEd-portal.com
Dream And Death
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2009 00:00
You seem to know what your solution is...you just need to tie it in with an understanding of arrays (and probably user defined types as well).

"You get what everyone gets, you get a lifetime!" - Death, The Sandman Library

First you Dream, then you ... - Neil Gaiman, 2001
Sph!nx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2009 17:41
I'm afraid I cannot seem to get it... Here are my source files. Everything is in here. The only thing I like to see is the current loading code be setup so I could attach action to each individual copy of the same limb.

I've tried everything I know and I really need this. Can anyone help me, please?

Regards,
Sph!nx
www.DevEd-portal.com
Scorpyo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2009 23:04
Sph!nx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2009 23:14
Thanks!I will take a look into that, though I'd prefer the most basic example written in my source provided in the above post. Something basic, nothing fancy. That would work best for me to learn from.

Regards,
Sph!nx
www.DevEd-portal.com
Sph!nx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2009 21:00 Edited at: 13th Jun 2009 22:30
Still not getting this. I don't know if its allowed around here, but I'm willing to pay someone who can teach me this...

Payed alot of money already for everything DBpro, so a little more is best than all for nothing. Been at this problem for more than 6 months now... I'm about to give up.

Regards,
Sph!nx
www.DevEd-portal.com
Sph!nx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2009 01:09
No one wanted to earn some money? Was willing to pay up to 50 bucks...

Well, offer is not standing anymore. Switching back to Blitz3D. In essence it's the same language and I seem to get more support over there. I will be back, when I know how this system works.

Regards,
Sph!nx
www.DevEd-portal.com
Softwizz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2009 01:43
Well I couldnt get your code to run at all, the project wouldnt load because the icon is missing, so i created a new project from the source code, it still didnt run, are you using some dll plugins?

check this post out
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=149987&b=1

The source being discussed there does what you want,
these are the bits of code you want:

This isnt the full code but it highlights the part that does the job

Nothing to see here, move along please.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 08:32:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 08:32:06