Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2003 00:50
Well, my game is comming along well, its like GTA. Now, i have buildings in place which have created the streets, and i am working on the first car to be able to drive down the street. Now, what I am thinkg about is the AI, and how i plan on doing that. What my plan is is to make objects at all the intersections and say if the car hits the object then ranmoly pick which object to go to next, AKA it will drive around in random patterns. Now the problem with this is that I would have massis of code for seeing which streets lead to which, and I would need to make collision for all the objects. Does anybody have any better suggestions for how i might go about this? thanks
~haxor
Sup Kids
the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2003 04:55
You could just copy gta. I think for each tile/road section you have directions which the car can go. Chose one of these directions randomly. The cars don't actually go anywhere in particular and aslong as the map doesn't have any dead ends for the cars to get stuck in it won't matter. Then just remove the cars when they get out of view.
haXor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2003 23:59
hhmmm. I have no idea how to do that, but it is a good idea, and man, that is a LOOOOOT of work. For now, i think i will use the method i am using already. thanks for the advice
~haxor

Sup Kids

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 19:47:57
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 19:47:57