Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Could not determine parameter type of "1 step"...............

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2009 11:33
Hey, i'm new to Darkbasic and have been playing around with Darkbasic Pro the last few days and am having trouble with a snippet of code form the "Binary Moon" tutorial. Specifically this step http://developer.thegamecreators.com/?f=t02/bm_tutorial_27. I keep getting an error "Could not determine parameter type of "1 step" inside loadmatrix.dba. Can anyone help?
Is it because that tutorial was wriiten for standard DarkBasic and i'm using Pro? I can't work it out because the only language I know is PHP lol.
Dragon Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2009 14:34 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2009 14:36
I believe Binary Moon was created for DBC, you'd probably be best with another tutorial if your learning DBP .

Unless you believe you're at the level able to convert DBC programs to DBP? Shouldn't be too hard but hey good luck

The way i learned was quite simple, i just set myself little goals, for example create a cube that moves around a matrix. Then learning camera commands to move the camera. And so on

Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2009 17:00
Step is a keyword that determines the increment rate of a variable during a for loop. It should be followed by a number, which it seemd it doesn't in your case. (Alternatively you have written the step number before the step command; it should be after it, as said).

I'm just guessing from the message; haven't looked at the actual source, by the way. Quite possibly, the step command isn't in DBC and is therefore used as a variable, which the DBPro compiler won't understand.

DensetsuAE86
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2009 06:54
Thanks guys, i'll try using the DBPro tutorials.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 06:29:01
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 06:29:01