Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Fading objects help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay so i've come across a problem, i have this object, ghosted, disabled the lighting for it, and i'm trying to get it to fade in and out, but with lighting disabled fading becomes more like bool than percentage, either 0 or 1, visible or not, no fading at all. I've used dbFadeObject and dbSetAlphaMapping on, both which work fine when used together on an object with lighting enabled, but not for diabled. is there any way past this?
kklouzal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2009 12:50
So why not just enable the lighting?

Indecom
Years of Service
User Offline
because it's for an object that is supposed to be glowing, for the thrusters of a space craft, the faster it goes the brighter the thrusters, when its not moving they fade out. If i have lighting enabled you can hardly see it and at some angles its completely invisible.
Indecom
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys i found a way past this by using object emissive color of white and disabling ambient lighting

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 13:38:00
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 13:38:00