Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / 3d texturing program?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2009 20:30
Hi, I'm not 100% that this the right board, but...

Is there a program that you can make textures using a tablet or mouse, directly onto a 3d model, I saw one a while ago but havn't been able to find it since so...

My site: www.skyknight.co.uk
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2009 00:12
I'm not sure if one exists, but it is theoretically possible to do in DarkBASIC. You would have to somehow use PICK OBJECT and the object vertexdata commands to figure out what face the user draws on. Then you can use the GET VERTEXDATA U and GET VERTEXDATA V commands to draw onto the object's texture image.

I tried something like this not too long ago but I haven't had time to work on it.

Diggsey: I have a spine and memory, but one memorable guy says he hates me. What am I?
Cagedrei
Years of Service
User Offline
I believe Blender has a 3D paint feature, in recent versions. I use Modo's 3D paint feature, which is nice, but Modo is rather expensive. Various high-end modeling programs seem to be adding 3d paint functionality, but: expensive. Perhaps Truespace, recently made freeware, might have 3d paint features. I think there may be some older programs available for free if you do some digging with Google.

A quick search just brought up this, although I'm not sure what formats it supports.

http://www.blacksmith3d.com/blacksmith3D-3d-paint-software.php

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 06:20:39
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 06:20:39