Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / gluing limbs as arms and etc

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2009 21:07
ok, complex one here

lets say i have a body, that body will be just a head, body and legs and arms, now I want for when the user chooses an item or weapon, the item gets glued to the corresponding arms hand, and then glues the correct part of the hand, without massive work on each and every peice, how do I do this.

And then which would be easier and healthier for a game, have an object like a goblet and then glue a gem onto it from all sides, or two objects, gemmed and not gemmed. and so on?

My site: www.skyknight.co.uk
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2009 00:02 Edited at: 7th Jun 2009 00:03
Quote: "the item gets glued to the corresponding arms hand, and then glues the correct part of the hand, without massive work on each and every peice, how do I do this."

You should be able to use the LIMB POSITION X/Y/Z commands to find the world position of the limb you want to glue to. Position the object at that position, rotate it with LIMB ANGLE X/Y/Z, and glue it.

Quote: "And then which would be easier and healthier for a game, have an object like a goblet and then glue a gem onto it from all sides, or two objects, gemmed and not gemmed. and so on?"

This would depend on how many different combinations of the same object you need. If you just need one version with the four gems and one with none, make them seperate models. If you will need more variations than that, you should use a procedural method (like gluing the gems) to make them.

Diggsey: I have a spine and memory, but one memorable guy says he hates me. What am I?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 06:23:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 06:23:16