Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / "War" New FREE FPSC X10 Multiplayer Map Using Mainly Stock Media

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2009 02:13 Edited at: 7th Jun 2009 02:17
Hi guys,

was bored yesterday and thought about making another map with mainly only the stock media to see if I could create a decent level from it for multiplayer.

I came up with the following level which is a 4 player level, but forgot to do what I usually do before building it and to take a video of the walk around of the level. I cant do it now as there was a few errors in the in game testing in the editor with entities not appearing but in the final build they are in it so don;t wanna ruin it with a vid of a half finished map.

I was going to put in some fog as well but I thought it was ok the way it was. I was going for a small rural farm or village scene in europe which like back in the day every village etc was hit somehow by the war. This was hit by a german tank rolling through the defences the villagers put up when they heard a tank column was on the way to their small village. An allied tank managed to make it to reinforce the town but was destroyed in the attacked, the tank was destroyed by a land mine placed under the fence on the road where it smashed into the defences.

The soldiers left defending the village are all fighting for their own survival, the germans want to take over the town, the allies want them out, however some allies have panicked due to shellshock and have had trouble telling the difference between friend or foe...

Hope you enjoy it here is 5 or 6 screenies I took cause I stupidly enough forgot to take the vid when it was actually workin DOH! lol

Download it at http://www.techville.co.uk/techvillegames.html

Enjoy.

Hazzman

Hear no evil, see no evil

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2009 02:13
2nd screenie

Attachments

Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2009 02:14
3rd

Attachments

Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2009 02:14
4th

Attachments

Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2009 02:15
5th

Attachments

Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2009 02:16
last but not least the 6th screenie

Attachments

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2009 03:06
looks over-bloomy. like every x10 game. but it looks like a fair map. one where no one would have an advantage
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2009 13:34
Looks cool. I like how you used the stock media.

Work in progress thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=150106&b=25
Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2009 16:53
cheers yeah I noticed when in the ares with the wooden fence and the gas tanker things that when you shoot the bloom reflects off the fence a little bit too much as the light is right up against it I think...should have moved it further away.

Thanks for the feedback I tried to make it so everyone started an equal distance apart but couldnt see each other as soon as they spawned so hopefully it work out a fun map cheers guys lata

Hazzman

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2009 07:48
How come so many people have a hud in their Multi-Player games and I can't? What do you do?

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 14th Jun 2009 08:55
This map looks good,the only thing that sucks is that theres tons of different games with multiplayer here so everyone plays a different one=no players.A game with allowance of new maps would be much better,and make one single server and uve got a good MP in FPSC.Too bad that wont happen,kinda thanks to Lee beacause no new map allowance and not very good MP mode.

A.K.A. chargerbandit
[href]http://chargedstudios.ultimatefpsc.com/[href]
Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2009 20:05
Yeah I hear ya there DJ it would be good to compile several levels together of arena maps just like in the 1 player maps and release it as an .exe and then people could start it up and join a server and all maps would be available.

I think I seen some software somewhere on here someone made that shows who is online and playing which map but then again if you dont have the map or know what the level looks like or is about, it probably wont be downloaded

Oh I got model packs 7, 11-28 and just bought 8-10 I forgot to add to the basket and a one player I am making at the mo is in the graveyard kinda theme check out a screenie, having problems at mo with trees they are fine sometimes when testing then when i test the textures turn all purply and whitey.....weird. If I can't make a decent 1 player game from it I will just make it as a multiplayer map.

Yo PW I notice some of my games do that too sometimes....try switching it if it one player to arena game then save it and then back again to one player helped me once i think hasnt happened in a while tho

Hazzman

Attachments

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 14th Jun 2009 20:08
Looks good,make a singleplayer map for one,sofar we only saw mp from you.

A.K.A. chargerbandit
Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2009 20:13
ok man no sweat I will take a day or two over this as I need to switch to my older computer to do some work.... I am gonna put in some cut scenes like some of the commercial games have but of course nowhere near as good lol by using screenies and video recorded from the game and then put into flash 5 which I have so I can edit the screenies together using motion tweening.

I am also gonna use FL studio to make my own background music for this level which is just a short level as an intro as to what happened to all the SWAT team who responded to a call about some weird goings on at the local graveyard....of course the dead are rising again but they thought they were going to a different kinda call, I have a story for it and its called "Vodoo" but I will post it in another thread maybe by Wednesday I will have it finished and see what you think cheers

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 14th Jun 2009 21:35
Cool,im waiting for it.

A.K.A. chargerbandit
PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2009 21:46
What's up with the trees' leaves in your latest picture? They're like flat and purple...

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size
Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2009 21:53
No sweat DJ I Will send you a message when I get the intro level done I have some cool ideas I hope it comes off well. The first level will be very short but only one baddie in it at the end and the clues as to what happened to the swat team will be cxplained as you come across them in the cutscenes . the only enemy in the level lets you see what your dealing with, even tho its hard to beleive.

Hey PW I got the tress working again however they are a little bit smaller than those in the pics I notice when I move or change those trees that when building the game it clones those entities for some reason or has started to and makes them go all funny however when I put in a different entity of a tree, it does the light calculation when building the game each time and on the trees and produces the right effect. WHy it does it is beyond me but least its working at the mo .

Before I go to bed I will be on my vista pc i am on the laptop at the mo and will take a better pic for you .

Lata guys

midgetz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2009 00:58 Edited at: 16th Jun 2009 01:47
dosent work
win rar sez: Fatal Error

In Soviet Russia, video game plays you!
Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2009 19:41
hey midgetz do you have the most up to date version of winrar i think mine is 3.80 sometimes older versions have trouble opening newer ones

hope this helps or gets it working

JJB Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2009 07:38 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2009 07:40
The link doesn't work, it just brings me to the homepage, can you just post the download, not the link?

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it

I AM LEGEND: THE VIDEO GAME
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=152828&b=25

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 15:08:18
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 15:08:18