Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / background

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
this is sort of unrelated to programming

I am making a dialogue box for my program that is sort of oval shape. I am making it in paint. But the white background stays and sort of destroys the effect of my program .

How can i remove it?

I looked on the web but everything is kinda hard to understand.
Monk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2009 19:19
If youre using paint, the output files are .jpg or .bmp neither of which have transparency in the image. Transparency just lets the program no which pixels of the image have no colour, thus it shouldnt draw.

To get transparency in your image, which is whats needed to not draw the white, you need to make the image in fireworks and save as a .png with no background. This will mean that when loaded, the white patches should have gone.

bobbel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2009 23:36
what you also could do is make the pixels that you don't one to be seen, lets say, purple, and then make a routine in your dbp program that makes every purple pixel invisible. but that a bit of overkill because it can be done in gimp too, or if you want it very easy, use png's with irfanview

*ding ding*
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2009 11:31
DBP has a command to make all the pixels of a certain colour transparent.

Its "set color key" or something (I'm not at my pc atm). It defaults to rgb(0,0,0)

Then all you need to to is use the transparency flag in the paste image command and it won't draw those pixels.

Hope that helps

Without Music or Love the world would be a very empty place... Thank god I still have music.. --'-<@

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 06:25:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 06:25:20