Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Screen shots?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2003 09:12 Edited at: 17th Aug 2003 09:14
Ok, Im a newb. But im curious, is there any way to create a program with DBPro. And Have it record (or take screen shots of any thing on your comp) like ever 10 seconds or so?

I Guess my question is. Is it possible to take a screen shot of what ever program your running and have it saved to your computer? but through DarkBasic?

I know that it must be possible (i Mean its DarkBasicPro, I think its awsome! I think theres away! just need to find out how...)

Thanks
Lonnie

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2003 10:08
there are programs like "hypersnap" but free.
Guys Found one a while back but i forget the name.

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2003 03:51
in DBP if you can force KeyPress Events in windows, and also, if you have access to read from the Clipboard you could write a windowed/minimized app that uses the Timer and "presses" Print Screen key on some interval, then immeadiately takes the clipboard data and copies it to a file that is also being generated/named sequentially based on system time (so you always have a unique name). I was going to write an app in VB that does exactly this for work but then they decided they wanted a data logger instead so I wrote that.

See what you can come up with
Rustler

How do ya do there son
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2003 03:58
DBPro patch U5 has the command SAVE IMAGE, so as CattleRustler says, use the timer to call a function which grabs the screen into an image and saves it with say the current time for a filename.

TDK
Lonnie
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks! Ill have to experiment!
(Im a newb, but Im testing some stuff out)

ifman1
Years of Service
User Offline
get a digital camera, point it at yer computer screen and click away... how garsh durn hard is that?

Sex Junky... Looking for a Dealer!
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2003 19:27
Can you just press F9 or something? You could also use PRINT SCREEN then just paste in an image proggy.

RPGamer

Current Project: Eternal Destiny
Porting all files to my new computer
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2003 19:34 Edited at: 19th Aug 2003 19:36
Lonnie

I can write you a VB6 or VB.NET exe that will run hidden and do what you want. The user won't know it's running regardless of where they check. No tray icons, no system processes - total invisibility but I my work doesn't come cheap$

LOL

edit- or screw the exe, we'll make it a service that starts when win starts up (NT,2000,XP)
muuh,ha hah hah hah hah haaaaaaaaahhhh~~~~ spit! cough~*

ok
bye now

-RUST-

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 19:44:37
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 19:44:37