Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Help.. im gonna buy x10

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2009 00:25
Hey all!
I was wondering.. when making a multiplayer map in x10.. can I use the same effects like in singleplayer mode??
And.. headshots? no? yes?

and last.. is x10 much better than x9?
deltamanx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2009 01:57
By effects do you mean water or lighting? in that case yes. Head shots? I think update 1.09 included those. I think. But even if there are head shots I doubt those exist in multiplayer. And yet, FPSC X10 is Superior to X9 in almost every way. It includes DarkAI for all enemies and allies, and neutrals, which is far superior to the old .fpi scripts. The graphic quality, effects, lighting, particles, shaders, etc. are all better than X9s + it includes water, fog, ambient light control, bloom effects, changing the sky box texture, and of course, most importantly it includes the chug shot! These are only a couple of reason why X10 is better!

ASUS Notebook G50VT Series NViDiA GeForce 9800M GT 512MB Integrated RAMDAC Score? 5.3 (stupid slow hard drive...)
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2009 19:21
The latest beta release v109 makes FPSC X10 much better than X9.

It needs some more work and hopefully a few more of the rough edges such as light mapping on static entities can be resolved in the v110 update before the migration work begins.

A couple of features shown in the tech demo videos haven't made it in thus far so don't use that as a guide for what to expect from the end product.

The AI seems to have been impacted where enemies do not patrol in the latest beta but again hopefully this will be resolved in v110.

In all, FPSC X10 is better in every respect (except lighting) from X9 and you will be able to achive a quality of game which is far more relevant to todays technology but there are no mods available so you are totally reliant upon TGC to update / improve the engine which until now hasn't exactly been abundant.

With the migration work coming up FPSC X10 is in a little danger of becoming the better looking but less intelligent brother of the pair but we're all keeping our fingers crossed Lee will give X10 development priority over X9 after the migration so we can enjoy some more X10 exclusive features in the engine.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 00:56:05
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 00:56:05