Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / i need help loading bsp files into my game to make it 3d! help i dont understand

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2003 09:01
hi... i really need help to load bsp files into my program and i dont know ne of the commands or what so ever... i got the DBpro trial version... i dont know if that matters or not... ne help would be greatly apprieciated
zaltoa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2003 02:20
can ne one help me... i dont understand ne of this bsp stuff and i wann try it out with my bsp files i made...

death metal rules
Terabyte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2003 02:35
you need the .bsp file you made in the same folder as the exe you are making. you may need the texture file that cam with it. simple bsp
a good thing to do is make sure that the bsp file you made allows your camera to be placed at posision 0,0,0
heres some code you can try replace the name map1 with the name of your map. I would suggest that you see the dbpro tutorials and try some normal 3d stuff beofre you attempt worlds.

Load bsp "","MAP1.BSP"
position camera 0,0,0
do
control camera using arrowkeys
loop

>>TerraByte. Putting the Byte back into Terragramming<< If my post has less than 20 typos then it wasnt me who wrote it!
zaltoa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2003 09:41
ok now i need help with some mathimatical crap ok so... i am learning how to do basics for rpg and crap like the attack and defense... i ran into a problem... i did the the attack / defense and multiplied it by 3 so the dmg wouldnt be so low... i got
attack = 50
defense = 100
multiple = 3
dmg = (attack / defense) * multiple
print "damage = "; dmg

and it came out as 0 when it should of did something like 1.5 and rounded it up two... please help i was thinking this might have to do with the real data type instead of just integer...

death metal rules

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 19:44:38
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 19:44:38