Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Cannot load any games

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2009 02:09
This may sound like I crazy question but, everytime I download a game that is a .Zip or exen some of the .exe files, I cannot get them to work. I tried copying them into DBPro and doing it that way and some of them won't even open , even when I extract all the files first.
I must be doing something wrong.
Any ideas?
kuljot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2009 02:25
I'm confused. Is there some kind of error message you are getting. IF its a .exe it doesnt need to be in the dark basic pro folder.

Gateway GT5628 Quad Core Desktop Intel Core 2 Q6600 2.4GHz Quad Core 3072MB RAM / 500GB 7200 SATA II Hard drive DVD RW 18X multi dual NVIDIA GeForce 8500GT ....
Raybrite2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2009 03:10
Sometimes it says Not found with DBP.
Sometimes nothing shows up in DBP.
Usually I get the screen that says they don't know what program made the file and then want to choose from a list or Go on the Internet to try to find it.
When I do that, DBP is not one of the programs listed.
(I am using the demo of DBP right now.)
Pillarofire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2009 03:28
Launch the DBPro Editor. Usually in"[install dir]\Dark Basic Software\Dark Basic Professional\Editor\Editor.exe"

From the [File] Menu use the [Open Project...] Option.

Navigate to the extracted file with the '.dbpro' extension.

Open it.

If the file opens properly you should see a page with a bunch of lines of code. Press F5, to compile and run the code. If the editor is up to date, then everything should work fine.

If you compiled, but got compilation errors then you are probably using code that was written in a higher version of DarkBASIC Pro.

If the file does not open properly then perhaps the file is corrupted. In this case you will need to find a different project file.

Try these and post back with the results.
lucifer 1101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2009 04:19
are you using windows and have directx 9.0c latest version...

if not get them first...

Come and have a look at my hobby site once your ready..
http://darkdstudio.webs.com/
Note: its still really bare..
Raybrite2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2009 06:11
when they load the computer tries to load everything theough the DBPro Trial section. That may be the problem.
I will wait until my disk arrives to sort this out.
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2009 16:35 Edited at: 21st Jun 2009 16:37
Hmm... When you download a ZIP file, it's best to extract its contents to a folder. Then you may run the EXE inside. DBPro shouldn't even be needed to run EXE files. If ZIP archives come up as being unrecognized, you could try downloading a program that can open/extract them like WinZIP, WinRAR, or ZipGenius (my favorite). For the first two you can just get the trial version, but the last one is free. Keep in mind that you must extract a ZIP archive's files for the game inside to work properly (or so I've found). I do believe that Windows XP comes with the ability to handle .ZIP files though.

If you need something to test it on try downloading the demo I made in this thread. The download should give you a .ZIP file. Extract the entire ZIP archive to a folder and see if it you can run the EXE that was extracted. You can also try opening and compiling the .dbpro file if you want.

<-- Spell based team dueling game!
Raybrite2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2009 01:31
That one worked. Even got the music.
I did it the same way I do all the rest.
Maybe I need to update my GeForce FX5500 card or just get the new computer.
I will try to download a few other games and see what happens.
Raybrite2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2009 02:31
I noticed that a lot of the games are being sent as .rar files. My computer doesn't recognize that file. They come through File Front website.
lucifer 1101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2009 02:54
if your using winzip trash it and get winrar, it will inpack most compressed files for you....

Come and have a look at my hobby site once your ready..
http://darkdstudio.webs.com/
Note: its still really bare..
Raybrite2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2009 03:31
That worked for now. I must get used to all those new icons on the desktop and the format of the program.
RoyalBlood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2009 19:05 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2009 19:06
I know what you did wrong...In DBPro, on the EXE Filename (In the "Project" tab), you have to put ".exe" at the end other wise when you compile the program you're computer won't recognise it as an executable.

AMPConcepts.webs.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 08:21:19
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 08:21:19