Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] Nineteen Eighty-Four

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2009 19:27 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2009 19:28
Based upon the novel by George Orwell, I present Nineteen Eighty-Four.

You play Robert Morris, an infantry soldier, fighting against Oceania; the land currently under ownership by the dictator Big Brother. You fight for the freedom of the people of your own land (Eurasia) and for those under the fearful rule of Big Brother; those who are watched constantly via the telescreens in their homes, and are listened to always by Big Brother's army of Ministry workers.

Hi, after reading the book Nineteen Eighty-Four my head was filled to the brim with ideas for a game, and on

The game takes place in large city maps, where you must battle against Oceanian troops to restore peace to a world in turmoil. You have no recollection of what the world was like before Big Brother, but only know in your heart that life is wrong. The game will not strictly follow the books storyline, more an invented story that is based upon knowledge gathered from the book.

Thanks for looking,
Jonathan

Attachments

Login to view attachments
shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2009 21:04
i like that, reminds me of the ghostbusters game, not becuae it involves ghosts (which it doesn't) but becuase it uses a story from It's universe, but different.

strike force delta (on the rails) http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=152412&b=25
darkest depths http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=151509&b=25
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2009 21:10
I read some of the book a few years back and saw the movie. I didn't really understand it much but it's a good idea for a game project. Good luck.
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2009 21:30
This could be doubleplusgood if done right...

Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2009 21:59
I agree with Gunn3r, this would be awesome if done right. It will be a challenge with FPSC and you also have to get that special "Orwellian" touch in it, the feeling that everything you know could be false. I'd like to see some of the philosophies in the book captured in the story right. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the novel leave off with Oceania against East Asia and not Eurasia?

JRH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2009 20:57
@Coach Shogun;
The game will not strictly follow the storyline, which is still in development. At the moment I'm making models of things like the speakwrite, and scenic objects like the ministries themselves.

Thanks for the comments guys,
JRH
JRH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2009 20:59
Ok, a quick update.

I've started scripting and would like to try and make the game played in black and white, or even better with a little bit of noise.

Also thinking about things, I'll have to model the telescreens and the posters of Big Brother.

Jonathan

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 19:28:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 19:28:24