Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / May I ask for a...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 11:13
Teacher of some sort? I have had DBPRO for a few weeks now, but I cannot figure anything out. I have seen some of the work people do and I was hoping someone with those skills could help me.

I have tried making a few small games, but none of them work.

If you need to contact me my email is: JDmino@gmail.com

Thanks in advance if anybody wants to help.

JDmino
BiggAdd
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 12:18 Edited at: 29th Jun 2009 12:22
BlueKlayman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 12:38
Okay, thanks for the links mate, but you never know, someone migh just be up to teaching me

JDmino
bobbel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 13:14
Tutorials are the teachers you're looking for!

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 23:51
I just posted a tutorial about 5 minutes ago that explains how to make a dodging game. Here's a link: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=153346&b=7.

zeroSlave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2009 01:10
Lesson 1. Memorize the help file index.

Just teasing. Try exploring different keywords in the 'Commands' section of the help main menu and looking at the examples provided. Also, start small. Don't start by trying to make a game. Start by learning what it takes to make a game. Look at examples of other people's code. Browse the forum and copy/paste stuff into DBPro and see if you can figure out what it will do before you run it. After you run it, look at the code and see if you can figure out what made your screen come alive. Try changing aspects of the code to get different results.

I only started a few weeks ago, and have made astounding progress by using the search on the bottom of the forum as well as lots of trial and error. There is a ton of information on this here forum. Gobble it up!

With a little patience and determination you can easily make something. Don’t try to make the most graphically intense, loaded down with effects game ever to exist... yet. Atari was out before xbox360 for a reason. It was an accomplishable goal with the resources at hand. Learn your tools before you make a statue... practice makes perfect... good analogies are like diagonal frogs... Just roll with it.
BlueKlayman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2009 02:33
I will have a look at it.

JDmino
Deego
Years of Service
User Offline
A very very helpful hint; press F1 while the cursor is inside a blue command. It will jump to the help file about that command, explaining the syntax, what it does, and how to use it.
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2009 04:31
I would be willing to help you out, I just hesitate because about 4/5 of the last people I've offered help have turned out to be immature and young (or just plain stupid) and programming was way above them, but since you seem to know how to type in complete sentences, that's a good sign. Add me at gamedev06 at hotmail dot com or gamedev06 at aol dot com.

BlueKlayman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2009 07:43
Okay thanks a lot man!

JDmino
Daniel TGC
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2009 21:53
I have 8 free tutorials on my site that should help you get started. http://www.darkprinciples.co.uk also look on the tutorials thread posted to this board, there's loads of tutorials to help get people on their way.

Gingerkid Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2009 23:53
Your so lucky to have the great Gil Galvanti to teach you in the ways of the force.

TheCleverGuyz
BlueKlayman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 05:51
@Daniel
I have already taken a look there, I found the tutorials quite interesting. I am gonna have a go at making that froggar game sometime.

Enjoy me, I am JDmino.
Jedi Padawan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 08:30
I am pretty new but I can maybe help.

I have made but two programs yet.

The first is called eMessenger - it is sort of IM on one computer.

The second is called Get the Bones. You have to get the bones and food for a dog whileavoiding the cages and leash and needle.

It works and I think I might be able to help...

P.S. don't ask for 3D stuff yet...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 08:30:48
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 08:30:48