Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Terrain Editor, Raising The Terrain

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 23:25
Hey guys, im a bit stuck, im making a small terrain editor(just for fun), now beforehand i used a matrix, simply because it was easy to put in, until i later discovered it was really hard to actually find the matrix coordinated correctly, so im having a go with a plain object instead, now i have already got the code in to find the mouse position, but im stuck with actually lifting the terrain, can someone offer some help, or point me in the right direction?

GameDaddy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2009 05:38
Sure thing... as I'm working on the same thing at the moment. Hoping to use BlitzTerrain to precedurally generate and modify terrains on the fly in the game engine, however have had a few snags.

Currently I'm using the Advanced Terrain commands and features in DBPro to generate terrains that look like this:

This is a rendering from today in fact. Attached you'll find a zip file containing the DBPro code, and the texture tiles and skybox used to create this terrain.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2009 23:42
You can also loop up "Tersculpt"

Diggsey: I have a spine and memory, but one memorable guy says he hates me. What am I?
GameDaddy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 06:25
Awesome... Very Nice, Thanks!
Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2009 14:39
The vertex commands are actually surprisingly easy to use. They're essentially the same principles as molding a matrix, but more flexible.

You simply lock the vertexdata, loop through the vertexes, and then move them, and unlock.
Asteric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2009 17:54
Hey Zotoaster - Mind if i add you on IM?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 08:30:55
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 08:30:55