Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / mouse wheel input

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2003 13:53 Edited at: 19th Aug 2003 14:14
im not really a newcomer but this is just a basic question so im posting here. i know how to use input from the mouse using mouseclick() but i cant work out how to use input from the mousewheel. this does not include pressing the actual mousewheel button as i can use mouseclick() for that. i need to know how to scroll the mousewheel. it would be greatly appreciated if anyone could point me in the right direction

Teepee
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2003 15:10
mousez normaly (does on mine) returns the wheel as a range between 0 and 100 , cheers.

Mentor.

GameKit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2003 21:48
There are two commands that you might use...

return value=MouseZ()
return value=MouseMoveZ()

so if you want to find out if the user pushed or rolled the Mouse Weel up try something like...

If MouseMoveZ()>0 Then [Your Code]

Down Would Be...

If MouseMoveZ()<0 Then [Your Code]

And Not Moving It Would Be...

If MouseMoveZ()=0 Then [Your Code]

Well... I hope that helps...

Anyone Can Destroy...But Few Can Create...
TeePee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2003 13:24
mousez eh?? awesome thanks fellas

TeePee
TeePee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2003 15:17
ok well ive kinda hit a brick wall here. i tried implementing mousemovez() into my code but it wouldnt work properly. Whenever i have a lot of trouble with code i take out the bit thats troubling me and modify it a bit in a seperate project until i get it working then put it back in my original project. so i basically did that here and came up with the following code.

im realy stuck with this stuff. what happens when i run it is that it only seems to detect the first if condition, if mousemovez()<0, and not the second one, if mousemovez()>0. i know this for certain because if i switch the ifs around it still detects the first one only.i also tried replacing mousemovez with mousemovex and that has the same effect. ive been looking over my code and i think the only thing that could be the problem is that im not totally certain about how to use the mousemove command properly. maybe theres something i dont know about the command?

help would be appreciated again

TeePee
TeePee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2003 03:45
anyone?
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2003 10:37
done it! i think theres a bug or something where using mousemovez() more than once results in it all ways equalling 0 or something but anyway this works

hope it helps!!

TeePee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2003 13:40
yea i worked that out as well. i think whats happening is that when you do anything that involves mousemovez() or, come to think of it, mousemovex() or mousemovey(), that value resets to zero. so in the snippet i posted, the first if condition set mousemovez to 0 after it was checked.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 19:33:01
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 19:33:01