Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [LOCKED] [X9]Warehouse

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2009 03:14 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2009 05:07
I know the title is a commonly used title, but I have no other title for my game. If I come up with an idea I will tell you guys...

But anyway, I am working on a thug game where you are a police officer sent to a warehouse that thugs have been using as their hideout for years. When you get there it doesn't seem very big, but it is...

Sorry if the storyline sounds kinda lame, but I kinda made up the storyline in a few seconds and the game is mostly supposed to test out the nice variety of models I have now. But there's a problem with my game.

The map layout didn't look that bad, but when I tested the game the FPS was extrememly low everywhere but a spot with humvees and the starting point. If some of the more advanced users of FPSC would look at the map pics attached and tell me what I did wrong, I would appreciate it.

The FPS was always below 35, it was on average 18-0 in the big room anywhere you went. It started about 18, then dropped from there the longer I tested it. The only way I could get it back up was by looking at the ceiling.

Note: the pics say FPSC is the free version, but I have the full version and it did the glitch back to the free thing. I know how to fix it, so nobody give me links on it or anything.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2009 04:45
First of all, I see no pics attached, so if you get those up I'd love to take a look at the possible problems.

But, well there are always certain things that can cause severe lag: a big one is enemies. If you have tons of enemies spawned at the ready in the map, that will significantly lower the FPS.
Another, if you have a lot of dynamic entities, that will slow down the game as well.
And then the obvious of course, depending on how large the actual level is, can cause lag, along with any doors that you may have in the game that lead nowhere. Always best to put in a single segment past the doors you can't get through, that way the "Build Portals" part of the loading doesn't take as long, and the game should run a little faster.

Again, hard to tell what the problem might actually be - it could in fact be none of the above - without any pictures.

-Cheers

Ich will in Beifall untergehen.
ETCG
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry, I was so busy trying to explain my problem I forgot to attach the picture. It may be the dynamic entities is the only thing I can think of though. I have like 10 dynamic barrels and stuff in one room.
ETCG
Years of Service
User Offline
Why isn't anybody replying? I see a lot of people are viewing this, but nobody is commenting.

I need advice on this please, any comment will be appreciated.
Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 02:30
Post a picture or two and people might reply. I'd download but I'm in a rush right now, sorry.

maxiqueen123
Years of Service
User Offline
Screenshots pls

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 22:44
W.I.P evidence

SCREEN SHOTS are required for all posts you make in this board. If you've got a demo of a game then great, post a screenie of it, and maybe even a download. Otherwise, you're not really at the stage where you can call it a Work In Progress.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 18:47:16
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 18:47:16